maybe this is a noob question whats the difference betweeen a fender squiire and a fender is it the pickups?
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
The pickups, the wood used and the quality of it, and the general build quality over all. The Fenders are almost always superior to the Squiers (I say almost always because in the 80s there were some really good Squiers made that are better than some Fenders). Squier is really a budget range, however they do have some really good stand-out guitars, such as the '51 and Master-series guitars. A lot of people complain about them, because a lot of the time they have problems, however it is possible to get one of them into a playable state.
okay thanks its just i wanted to know my friend brags about it and i see a ton saying it sucks
RAINBOW

It all depends on the person playing the guitar, I guess. I used to love my '51 (and I really wish I hadn't sold it) but a lot used to tell me it wasn't so great. Granted, it wasn't brilliant, but I bought it for £79 and it out-performed any guitar under £200, so...that counts for something, yes?
Yes

Which is a shame, because it's making it hard for me to find one. I'm constantly trawling eBay in the hope of finding a bargain. I'm just glad I sold mine to a guy who seemed really nice, so it should be taken care of
The electric components within the Squier are PISS POOR! The toggle switch fails ALL THE TIME and the neck and bridge pick ups barely sound different. The neck sounds so very tinny.

Also, the tuners are bull**** and they produce major rattles after a year or so of playing.

I've played one MIM Fender Strat and the tone was significantly better and the electronics were also a step above. Just the quality of craftmanship is a major improvement.

Granted, I've had my squier for about 10 yrs, and obviously it's been my work-horse: I've jammed hard on it and for a long time, giving it a lot of abuse. But it's no stallion and it's simply a practice/beginner guitar.
These things rock. Really, really rock. They have such a non-Fendery sound about them. It's quite unique, and they feel great, as well as being good value. Only nag I have is the Duncan Designed pickups... I'd rather have some proper Duncans, but myeh...can't have everything, can I?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=71269

The M...80?... is also a good guitar, slightly cheaper, and slightly different, but good all the same.
okay because i was thinking about getting one but i guess not now
RAINBOW

wait... your friend was bragging about having a Squier? or does he have a Fender?
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by death-to-punk
okay because i was thinking about getting one but i guess not now

Which one were you looking at? Because some of them are good guitars.
Quote by TOcheesehead
wait... your friend was bragging about having a Squier? or does he have a Fender?

squier
RAINBOW

Quote by Denthúl
Which one were you looking at? Because some of them are good guitars.

well iwas just looking in to them
RAINBOW

Some are good, some are bad. When you find one you like, just ask about it, and then go out and try it to see how good/bad it is.
I'm of the opinion that with some good mods/customizations, a Squire can sound as good if not better than a Fender.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell