my friend has and old like, 100 dean evo that has rusty tuners and the like, and he doesnt play anymore, so im sort of considering buying it for like 30-40 bux, and then pretty much modding it to my liking. im guessing after buying Pups it would cost over 200 dollars incuding labor for the modding

well, good or bad idea....
like i sed, its just an idea
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
good idea if you have the money to mod it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
If it's a korean or chinese one, don't.

If it's American, get it, no matter how beat up it is.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think there are any American Evo's. But there are some really cheap beginners ones and some better middle-to-pro class ones. I dunno where they're made, though.

If it's a beginner's one, it's pointless.
its the beginner 1 i think. it has a bass wood body, and then id replace everythign else. the thing is i want a new guitar and lessons so this would only b if i can get it to sound better than a 450 dollar ESP ec-400 w/ duncans.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i already have a squier but im keeping that as it is
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Beginners guitars can become good through modding, squiers, yamaha pacificas, most no namers etc.

Yeah, but if you start with something already good and make it better, it's more rewarding.

I'm not saying it can't be done. I just thought you already had a reasonable guitar and only wanted this for the sake of modding.
well rite now there are a few guitars im lookign into, but the one i liek the most is the EC-400 w. duncans
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Whether you mod it or not, you'd be stupid not to buy a guitar for $30-40.
Funny words.
my friend thinks its a stupid idea b/c i could get a better dean evo for the price it would cost to fix this 1 up, but i dunno, i guess it would b cool to buy my own parts and ****
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i dont know how to wire that SH1T up, so... yea, i wouldnt knwo how to replace the bridge if it was needed to b..all that
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
learn

seriously, its a fun hobby

if you have a screw driver and a crescent wrench the only things youll need (for the electronics) is a soldering iron, solder, safety glasses (hehe) and an soldering tutorial you can find on the net
i dont have a soldering iron but im 95% sure my friend has a working 1
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
and if i do it myself and **** up, i wont matter b/c the guitar would b cheap as hell anyway
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
yep, you got it

i got this cheapo tele about 3 years ago, worked on it for a long tim, learned a lot, screwed up a lot, gave up, but finally got it running again a month or so back. now its my favorite guitar ever for too many reasons to count. its great because you can do what you want to it and no one will ever have anything like it and theyll wonder how you did it.

ive found the best way to turn a cheap guitar into an great (playing) guitar is a fret leveling block. you buy a certain radius'd block off ebay, put sand paper on it, and sand the frets a little to where theyre all even. time and time again ive seen all kinds of guitars with fret buzzing problems and thats the simplest, fastest and best solution to it.
so if i were to carry out this plan would i b able to ask u for how to advice and walk throughs?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
if i was to do this id put sum duncan combo in or a duncan and a dimarzio, sumthing liek that
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Whether you mod it or not, you'd be stupid not to buy a guitar for $30-40.

Agreed. For that price, you can't really go wrong. Unless you're unemployed and homeless, and accessing this site from an internet cafe---in which case I would say, pass on the guitar and buy food and water.
well, im almost 16, i am unemployed but ill b getting lots of cash for my b-day

and even if i dont mod it, it would still b good to have for future uses, or for learning how to mod. i mean if i learn on a POS who cares, rite?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
hey ive done the same thing as you actually ive done it twice and wanted to do it more its a really good hobbie and its easier then working on a car so if u need help pm me
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Quote by blind nate
yea man ill help ya

can you get some pics up?

well, i dont have the guitar yet, or any of the parts. if i decide to do it, ill definitely have all the **** up here.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by rockintill2
hey ive done the same thing as you actually ive done it twice and wanted to do it more its a really good hobbie and its easier then working on a car so if u need help pm me

thnks dude
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112