So heres the story: (in china mans voice) We have a Hewlett Packard computer, it had windows 98 and we wanted to put broadband internet on it, but we couldnt so they told us to install windows 2000, so i got the disc and put a complete install of 2000 and now there is no sound on my computer at all theres not even the little sound icon at the bottom of the toolbar, how do i get sound back???
KILL RAP!!!

Gear:
-Dean Dimebag Darrell, Dime O Flage(Snow Camo)
-Crate 15 watt amp
Digi-Tech Bad Monkey Distortion Pedal
First- have you tried turning it off and on again?
Second- Maybe you have to reistall the hardware, go to sounds and audio devices in the control panel to check, if they're not there, go back to the control panel, and go to add hardware.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I have tried all this
KILL RAP!!!

Gear:
-Dean Dimebag Darrell, Dime O Flage(Snow Camo)
-Crate 15 watt amp
Digi-Tech Bad Monkey Distortion Pedal
Same problem happened to me when I installed Windows 2000, there is only one solution: Get a Mac.
You need to find and install the drivers for your sound card. If you don't, you won't be able to use the sound mixer
Quote by Sweeps™
Same problem happened to me when I installed Windows 2000, there is only one solution: Get a Mac.

Or you could get XP like every other normal Windows user...

There, it's fixed, now shut the fuck up.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by Dirge Humani
Or you could get XP like very other normal Windows user...

Like very other normal Windows user?
try going to sound and audio devices in the control panel and then sounds. If it says in the selection no sounds change it. This happened to me before and I needed drivers so I went to softpedia.com it was kinda a pain in the ass.
Your motherboard m ay need a dirver installed if it has onboard sound. If you have a sound card then youll have to find the driver for it.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Or you could get XP like very other normal Windows user...

Lolz
Did you have to say, "Chinaman"?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

First of all, who ever told you that cant have Win 98 and broadband has their head up their *ss.

Win 2000 was really to be used in a network enviroment, that was the upgrade to NT 4 workstation.

Go the HP.com, you should be able to plug in your computer serial number and get the correct sound drivers.

Second, dont go back to who ever told to upgrade your OS.

They dont know s**t. Go back and tell them. Who ever told you that should be fired. I gives us IT people a bad name.

I have run plenty of Win 98 boxes with broadband.
Broadband is no magical thing, doesnt need any special software. It is simply just and internet connection.