Today we kicked out the other guitarist of the band. He didnt take it very well. He went away mouthing off at us, then he told his mum who is good friends with our drummers mum. We currently practise at our drummers house (garage). When our drummers mum came home she started shouting at us telling us the band was over. She was being very immature in my opinion. She wasnt letting me explain why we made the decision. It really has nothing to do with her. We later talked to the other guitarist and we asked him if he was ok with us continuing the band, and he said ok. So really the future of our band depends on if our drummers mum stops being an arrogant bitch and sees past the fact that we are mature adults and made a mature decision.
Quote by james4
...right...

did you kick him out because he wasn't a very good player or because he didn't get along with the other people in the band?

I wanna know too.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
wrong forum and idiotic mum
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
why did u kick the guitarist out of the band , for what reason. Personally i would get angry to if i got kicked out of a band
Because the mature response is: Tell UG.

Just deny her opinion and carry on regardless, when she comes explain. Or explain before she comes, either way.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
I take it she's a problem because she could try and stop the drummer from playing with them and take away their current practice space.

I think the drummer should talk to his mum and explain that the guitarist is now okay with the decision and was just angry at the time. Then explain why you kicked the guitarist out. As long as it was a well informed decision she should see sense. It's a bit odd that he went home and told his mum in the first place though, how old are you guys?!

Also, this is probably better off in Bandleading.
Quote by DevilMayCare
I take it she's a problem because she could try and stop the drummer from playing with them and take away their current practice space.

I think the drummer should talk to his mum and explain that the guitarist is now okay with the decision and was just angry at the time. Then explain why you kicked the guitarist out. As long as it was a well informed decision she should see sense. It's a bit odd that he went home and told his mum in the first place though, how old are you guys?!

Also, this is probably better off in Bandleading.

Well it's not that odd that he told his mum...Probably a high school band, which there are a lot of. Come home, mum says "how was your day?", kid casually says "oh I got kicked out of the band", mum totally over reacts and takes the situation into her own hands
Quote by blair30
stops being an arrogant bitch and sees past the fact that we are mature adults and made a mature decision.

Anyone else find this last bit ironic?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Well it does suck to be kicked out, i've experienced it. But hey, if you really care about the progression of the band, think, and do what you think is right. If you think you got kicked out for no apparent reason, talk. Don't tell your mom.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Is "practice" just a really hard word for people to spell here? Every one spells it "practise"...and it looks stupid.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by TSelman
Is "practice" just a really hard word for people to spell here? Every one spells it "practise"...and it looks stupid.

Practice/practise, color/colour, USA/UK
get over it
I got kicked out once, then taken back cos the band realised how sh*t they were, and that's not even a joke. We're still **** but only cos we haven't got ours acts together and actually pupt enough work in...

And edit to the guy above: Practice and practise are two different ****ing words.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Last edited by J.MitMetallica at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by J.MitMetallica
And edit to the guy above: Practice and practise are two different ****ing words.

Well, English isn't my first language, but AFAIK, in British English, practise refers to the verb, while practice refers to the noun. In American English, both are spelled practice.

Anyway, who gives a crap.

EDIT: VVV I responded because someone else brought it up. It's not what this thread is about. Actually, i don't exactly remember what it was about. :/
Last edited by kyrreca at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by kyrreca
Well, English isn't my first language, but AFAIK, in British English, practise refers to the verb, while practice refers to the noun. In American English, both are spelled practice.

Anyway, who gives a crap.

You seem to give a crap, since you brought it up.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
A band ruled by someone's mother is destined to fail anyway. I say kick the whole thing.

Nah just kidding. Just ignore the mother, she can't tell you the band is over that's ridiculous. If you had a legimate reason for kicking him out then it's perfectly fine. Maybe you didn't handle it very well, but ah well. Just apologize if that's the case.
the answer: find somewhere else to practice. That way, there's nothing the drummers mum can do about it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Thanks. I was feeling sorry for myself cause I'm getting older. You just reminded me how bad it sucks to be a kid.
Quote by *kas
Anyone else find this last bit ironic?

Attachments:
lolhuts.JPG
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Sep 2, 2007,
^@ attached image: wtf?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.