Okay, so I play a Epiphone Thunderbird (Bass) through a Behringer BX4500H (450w) head and a Behringer BA410 (1000w) cabinet. I bought my bass and head from Musicians Friend and then the Cab off eBay, which seems to be a bad choice because I have this terrible speaker rattle whenever I turn it loud enough to play during band practice. It's not really noticeable over the guitar and drums but alone it sounds like total crap.

So, I was wondering what the best plan for fixing it would be. I'm not very familiar with fiddling with all guitar-related electronics, so I don't think I could fix anything myself. I'm pretty sure the rattling is coming from a blown speaker or something. Would it be best to take it to a local shop and have them fix it? Would them fixing it cost as much as just buying another cabinet? Maybe trade it in for another? Should I buy replacement speakers and try to fix it myself?

Simply wondering if anybody else has ever had a similar problem and what they did to fix it. Thanks.
gee
thats funny
i just happened to have a bassist that has a thunderbird bass
with a behringer half stack
that rattles
lol
dont say that
im in the band with that dude
i think he just needs a new cab
i mean
it gets the job done
Quote by glamdring22
lol
dont say that
im in the band with that dude
i think he just needs a new cab
i mean
it gets the job done

Well I said it because it's true. They shouldn't rattle like that though, but like I said behringers are shoddy.

Try taking the front or back of the cab off if you can and looking for loose parts.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yea
its probably just that
and
it was an ebay purchase...
so yea
those aren't 100% trustworthy
Yeah, I now know that behringers suck pretty bad. I couldn't shell out 1k for one of those massive ampeg cabinets that everybody seems to use though. I should have known since cheap usually = crap quality. I've tried to take it apart but its pretty tightly put together, the front screen over the speakers wouldn't even come off.

I still just want to know wheather I should just buy a new one, try and trade it in, or get it fixed, or if getting it fixed is even worth it since it could maybe happen again. How hard would it be to replace a speaker if I even could get it apart? Its not electrically dangerous is it?
Quote by hayfever
Yeah, I now know that behringers suck pretty bad. I couldn't shell out 1k for one of those massive ampeg cabinets that everybody seems to use though. I should have known since cheap usually = crap quality. I've tried to take it apart but its pretty tightly put together, the front screen over the speakers wouldn't even come off.

I still just want to know wheather I should just buy a new one, try and trade it in, or get it fixed, or if getting it fixed is even worth it since it could maybe happen again. How hard would it be to replace a speaker if I even could get it apart? Its not electrically dangerous is it?

Basically, take it to a shop and get them to take a look at it. It'll most likely be cheaper to have it repaired than to replace it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music