Ok, so I have a 4GB Nano. It holds, APPROXIMATELY 1000 songs. Anyway, my library is filling up. I'm really close to filling those 1000 songs. I'd give it another month, and I will have no more room in my Nano.

So my question is, what happens then? Do I have to delete songs to keep it under 1000? Do I get to select which songs go in and which ones don't? Does anything that I put on iTunes after I fill up my iPod just not go in?

I NEED TO KNOW!
Do you have it set to auto sync all your songs from your library on your computer to your iPod?
Gear:
ESP LTD F-50
Silvertone strat knock off (not quite sure)
Silvertone 15 watt practice amp
Quote by Trytan

Do I have to delete songs to keep it under 1000? Do I get to select which songs go in and which ones don't? Does anything that I put on iTunes after I fill up my iPod just not go in?

I NEED TO KNOW!

Yes
Yes
Yes
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk
Yea, you either have to have less than the maximum allowed number of songs for auto-sync to copy all of them, or it won't. Or you can manage it manually for best results.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Yes. If having all your music on it is what you care about, then it's a reason not to get a 4GB iPod. Or just another reason not to get an overpriced iPod.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
1000 songs is given that they're like 3 minutes long and at a low bit rate, so you probably wont be able to get the maximum on anyway
if you put the songs you want in a playlist, you can set ti so that it only syncs what is on that playlist. i have over 3000 songs on my library because of my family, but i only have 800 on my iPod.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Yes. If having all your music on it is what you care about, then it's a reason not to get a 4GB iPod. Or just another reason not to get an overpriced iPod.

Anyways, just manually manage your songs. Or set up a playlist with all the songs you want on it and autosync that.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
just convert them to aac using itunes, i had the same problem, my library went from 4.3 gb to 2.7gb, but my nano died, had to pay a ****load to fix it, and i got a new 30gb one now
And if you listen to Dream Theater or any other bands that make 20 minute songs, you're obviously not going to fit 1000 songs in there.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Dude I have a 2gb 1st gen. white iPod, and it's suppose to hold about 500 songs. I can only fit at the most 297 songs. And I really don't have that many long songs either which really pissed me off. Here's the thing though, I have about 1,400 songs in my itunes library, which means I am missing about 1,103 songs, and I keep getting new ones everyday. So it really sucks, because I just keep deleting old songs to make room and I can't afford to buy a bigger ipod that holds more songs until I get rid of my old one, and I don't know where or how to sell it. Because I absolutely want to sell it, if anyone's interested and lives near my area, I dunno, maybe.....*wink* *wink*
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
^ Post an ad on craigslist, if it's an active tool in your area. Or post it on eBay. Then get yourself a 30 gig and never look back again. That is, till you end up with 30 gigs of music. Then upgrade to 60, etc..
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by .smudged.
just convert them to aac using itunes, i had the same problem, my library went from 4.3 gb to 2.7gb, but my nano died, had to pay a ****load to fix it, and i got a new 30gb one now

mpeg layer 3 is such a lossy format already, why would you want to convert to an even lossier codec? It's like taking half a pizza and then throwing away another quarter of it, and then eating it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
wait, but how do I manually choose which songs go in.
Last edited by Trytan at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by Trytan
Ok, so I have a 4GB Nano. It holds, APPROXIMATELY 1000 songs. Anyway, my library is filling up. I'm really close to filling those 1000 songs. I'd give it another month, and I will have no more room in my Nano.

So my question is, what happens then? Do I have to delete songs to keep it under 1000? Do I get to select which songs go in and which ones don't? Does anything that I put on iTunes after I fill up my iPod just not go in?

I NEED TO KNOW!

No your iPod just expands itself into a larger memory iPod letting you hold more songs.

Quote by PaintOurSilence
You shouldnt have gotten a nano.

I just got mine and it ****ing rules. I don't see why so many people have problems with them, assuming you look after it correctly. I.e. Not carrying heavy boxes while it's in your pocket or something.
Quote by Trytan
wait, but how do I manually choose which songs go in.

When you first got your iPod it asked you whether you want to manuelly sort your library or something. You need to find that option and change it from automatic sync.
Then you can just click delete to get rid of a song and drag and drop from iTunes to manually add a song.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Last edited by Cpt.Jackass at Sep 2, 2007,
4GB?, I've got a 20GB Sony Walkman that i need replacing now, as if just about filled that up completely.

Just get a bigger iPod/Walman/MP3 player what ever...

Or just put your most favourite songs on....xD
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender