Awhile ago I got into a conversation with a co-worker about bands..and he said some strange things..we argued about a band that was straight metal and he said that anything that is metal has harmonies...is complex..and a few other things..i disagreed..there's metal bands that dont have harmonies(he speaks of twin guitars) (in reality all metal bands would since a power chord in itself is a harmony) but here's the things to think about:

1.)What bands are TRUE metal? (no sub-genres, no death/power/thrash/anything I'm not sure about black sabbath they get called alot of things)

2.)what IS true metal?

3.) whats your attack against the co-worker?

the more I think about this type of thing..metal isnt really just metal..it's almost like it isnt specific enough..idk..im not sure if this came out right or not but if you understand..you understand..have at it
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
god. damnit.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
1) black sabbath, iron maiden, and judas priest...
2)true metal is the bands that introduced the genre to the world
3) he's a retard =D
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Quote by supersolus666
3) he's a retard =D

yeah I really dont know where he get's alot of that stuff..he primarily listens to metalcore..so I would suppoe thats the result of his assumption
Quote by Octtwe88
Metal is a pretty broad catagory i'd say.

yeah thats what im thinking..i mean say for example you take Suffocation and put it next to dragonforce..i mean yeah they are metal but they both sound completely different...
Quote by supersolus666
3) he's a retard =D

Co-workers are stupid. Don't talk to them.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
None of you fools know what tr00 metal is... it's OBVIOUSLY Trivium. Get outta here.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
true metal... are bands that... dont crossover into other genres such as punk/hardcore, rap etc. and stick to traditional metal like extreme etc.

LOL someone made a nevermore thread in the nu metal forum.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal