Alright, so this week i'm buying a Genz Benz El diablo 100 head, for about 1000. Now this guy who i'm buying it from doesn't have a cab to sell with it. So i looked around, went to some stores. I found this used Peavey Valveking 4x12 for about 300 bucks. But other stores said it would be ALOT better to save up and get the G-flex cab that costs about 1100 bucks. Now i want you guy's opinions. Would it be worth the extra 800 bucks for the G-flex, or should i get the Valveking?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Anybody have any input on this subject?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Peavey is known for their speakers - in a bad way. And the Valveking is pretty much the bottom of their line. I'd suggest you pass. For similar money, you could get a decent 2x12 from Avatar that would be much better. Or, yeah, continue to save for significantly higher quality.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
What if i got a Randall 4x12 cab for about 600, instead of the Valveking?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
No to the Valveking cab. Those speakers won't take high gain. I don't think you need to spend an additional $800 for a cab, but you do need decent speakers to do justice to the head. Look used for a cab.
Quote by bluezombie
What if i got a Randall 4x12 cab for about 600, instead of the Valveking?

You can get a V-30 loaded cab from Carvin or Avatar for $100 cheaper on a 4x12, and $200 cheaper on a 2x12.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio