I have 3 computers. My home computer, a dell dimension which has the cable and wireless router connected to it. My school computer, an HP laptop. My recording computer, a 20" new iMac.

Today I just connected my iMac to internet after having it for a few weeks. I got it connected and it says everythings ok but it is really slowwwwwwwwwwwww. My iMac is on the completely opposite end of the house. My home computer is on the 2nd floor while my iMac is in the basement. My laptop works excellent in all rooms in my house, even when it is less than 5 feet away from the iMac but the iMac itself is really slow. Is there anyway that I can connected another router to my current wireless router so it will go faster? or is there anyway to make my comp go faster without moving it?

thanks ug
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I have 3 computers. My home computer, a dell dimension which has the cable and wireless router connected to it. My school computer, an HP laptop. My recording computer, a 20" new iMac.

Today I just connected my iMac to internet after having it for a few weeks. I got it connected and it says everythings ok but it is really slowwwwwwwwwwwww. My iMac is on the completely opposite end of the house. My home computer is on the 2nd floor while my iMac is in the basement. My laptop works excellent in all rooms in my house, even when it is less than 5 feet away from the iMac but the iMac itself is really slow. Is there anyway that I can connected another router to my current wireless router so it will go faster? or is there anyway to make my comp go faster without moving it?

thanks ug

What about when it's right where the iMac is?

Your wireless router could suck, but that wouldn't explain why your laptop's internet was going faster. I know the new iMacs are capable of using a faster wireless, so maybe it's getting screwed up by the old router. Transfer a file from the iMac to some other computer and then transfer that same file from the other computer to the laptop, see if there is a big difference in transfer speed?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.