I use a strat copy and a Vox AD30VT and get some sweet tones, but I want a creamier blues sound than what I can get. Should I get a Boss blues driver? or is there another pedal that is similar for a better price? Also, any suggestions to make my amp sing would be great too. I like using the OD on it and then cranking it with the rear power switch on about half way, and that sounds good, but it isnt really really bluesy. Any suggestions?
Yes, get the BD-2. It's an excellent pedal and the price is excellent as well. The Tube Screamer is similar, but the BD-2 beats it by price. The Boss OD's are nice to...Overdrive or Super Overdrive. The Digitech Screamin Blues is another good one. It's like the BD-2, cheaper, but not as good.

If you want anything else besides overdrive, check out the Sovtek Big Muff. That'll make your guitar sing.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I've got one, and it's a good pedal, it's served me well over the years.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Could get a Boss SD-1 super overdrive, they are nice stock pedals but apparantly sound 10x as good when modded. I am thinking about doing some mods to mine.
I have the digitech screamin blues which I think is a fair bit cheaper, and I've tried the blues driver and I prefer the digitech one by a mile. But I dont think I'd describe the screamin blues as creamier. More wetter, and more dynamic sounding. I think the boss pedal may be more suited but I'd give it a look.
Quote by Def
I have the digitech screamin blues which I think is a fair bit cheaper, and I've tried the blues driver and I prefer the digitech one by a mile. But I dont think I'd describe the screamin blues as creamier. More wetter, and more dynamic sounding. I think the boss pedal may be more suited but I'd give it a look.

Really...

I opt my Blues Driver a lot more than my Screamin' Blues, the BD-2 is a lot more fatter and chunkier imo.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Really...

I opt my Blues Driver a lot more than my Screamin' Blues, the BD-2 is a lot more fatter and chunkier imo.

it is fatter and chunkier, but I use mine for a wet sound. I want a different sound I think and my PRS is really darkly voiced to which helps with it.
Quote by Strat = Love
I use a strat copy and a Vox AD30VT and get some sweet tones, but I want a creamier blues sound than what I can get. Should I get a Boss blues driver? or is there another pedal that is similar for a better price? Also, any suggestions to make my amp sing would be great too. I like using the OD on it and then cranking it with the rear power switch on about half way, and that sounds good, but it isnt really really bluesy. Any suggestions?

i have that same amp, but mines 50 watts. an overdrive pedal will likely clash with the modeling and make a lot of hiss and noise. the vox really can get some great blues tones though. try cranking the master volume on the lower gain amp models. also, it might not be too creamy because this amp can be EXTREMELY bassy. try turning the bass all the way down. i sometimes do, and still may have too much bass.

check out www.valvetronix.net
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

yeah, i have noticed too that the Vox AD line is really bassy. Kind of bothersome, but I cant really complain because its a great amp, but no pedals with this amp you say?
no, ive tried my mxr distortion+ with it, and its terrible. i have heard people say that they got good results though, so id say try a blues driver through a vox at a store. its likely the only way youll know.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I love the Blues Driver. Its far and away easily my fav Boss distortion. It's natural sounding and responds to dynamics really well.
Maxon OD-808 or Fulltone OCD. Both utterly brilliant. The Blues Driver is meh. A bit stock and boring to me.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i would save for a tube amp instead.

it's a great pedal, but it wont work the way u expect on that amp.

if you're started to develop your ear, then that's great. it's probably time for you to move up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Digitech Screamin' Blues beats out the Boss really. I dunno what other people are saying about them being cheaper - around here Digitech pedals cost more, more get sold, they're generally perceived to be superior. Eh.

The only problem with Digitech pedals is they show up your individual gear's qualities - and flaws - more than Boss pedals do. If you have good gear, this is great; it means none of the quality of your instrument or amp is lost. On the flip side if you have poor or just average gear, the Digitech will show up these flaws much clearer while the Boss will cover them up a bit.
well i use the blues driver myself and it's awesome but i've heard that the bd doesn't really sound good with vox amps. i'm using a fender amp so that's just what i've heard...
alright, i'll just play around with the settings because a new amp is out of the question. I like my amp too much to sell it anyway. do you think the tweed 4x10 setting or black 2x12 would work well?
Quote by Def
it is fatter and chunkier, but I use mine for a wet sound. I want a different sound I think and my PRS is really darkly voiced to which helps with it.

True. That's exactly what I use mine for.

To TS: If your still questioning the decision, go to www.bossus.com and www.musiciansfriend.com and listen to it. It's quite a sound.

I haven't heard that they sound bad with Vox's, however I must admit I do use a Fender amp as well. So is there anyway you could try it out through a vox at a local store or GC?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Last edited by FoolOnThePlanet at Sep 5, 2007,