I longboard and I love it... I have a Gravity and I love it and I've heard good things about those but never got a chance to ride one for myself. Also, those are expensive boards, why don't you go for something a bit cheaper to start on like my Gravity was like $160 and Loaded boards are like $250. The quality is probably a lot better on the Loaded though.
i don't know, i longboard but i started out on a completely different style.
it all depends on what your into
Quote by Garret.
No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made.

Destiny is made known silently.
dont over spend to begin with unless your Really sure you wana get fully into it. Longboarding is great fun specialy if you have decent spots to board. Good luck enjoy yourself :]
I longboard always, and ive got a gravity also. Its great, its a hypercarve 47" and its the best one ive owned. It was also around 160, ive never owned anything but gravity so i say get one. But definatly experiment and such
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
I wouldn't get a bamboo board starting out. I have a Sector 9 board, just for carving and transportation. I'd recommend one of those. The ones without the tails are a little faster I've found a little better for getting places. If you're not that coordinated get one with a tail so you can turn a little easier without falling on your ass.

███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by westo
I wouldn't get a bamboo board starting out. I have a Sector 9 board, just for carving and transportation. I'd recommend one of those. The ones without the tails are a little faster I've found a little better for getting places. If you're not that coordinated get one with a tail so you can turn a little easier without falling on your ass.

Sector 9's are the shit.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by darkstar2466
I like skateboards. No, I love skateboards. Longboards are gay. But I do like the hybrid, which is kinda like this:

http://shop.ccs.com/item.do?categoryID=39&itemID=18055&sizeFilter=9.75&colorFilter=&brandFilter=

Put on some big Indys on there and you're ready to shred.

That deck looks like an old school that got stretched a little bit, but yeah my friend has a gravity longboard. It's alright I guess. Longboards are good for cruising but i prefer reg. ones.
i thought you meant surfing.

i dont see how someone can longboard alone. i only see it as a way for transportation because it is smooth and feels good. cant do tricks or anything. theres nothing to work for on a longboard.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
i just bought a sector 9 secrets last wednesday for 19 bucks lol, thats like, 90% off. it kicks ass too.
I surf, but I've never longboarded. I've always wanted to try it though
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown