I know how alot of you guys really hate TTEOTD but I really need to ask this question..If you know the song then you can answer this but for an audio sample go to myspace.com/tteotd and listen to 2 inches from a main artery...right at about 0:29 there's this strange rhythm..is that a triplet? if not what is it? and how would I incorporate that into a measure? (The beats would be great to know too, a tab would help) thanks so much guys ( I can play this thing but IDK how it fits into a measure and time sig)

edit: Yes I moved this post
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
That what you call a "gallop."

A gallop is an 8th note followed by two 16th notes. It's extremely common in metal. Learn it, love it.

I didn't really spend much time comparing it to the beat, so it could be a "reverse gallop," which is two 16ths followed by an 8th. They sound similar, but fall on the beat differently, so they have a slight difference in feel.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
That what you call a "gallop."

A gallop is an 8th note followed by two 16th notes. It's extremely common in metal. Learn it, love it.

I didn't really spend much time comparing it to the beat, so it could be a "reverse gallop," which is two 16ths followed by an 8th. They sound similar, but fall on the beat differently, so they have a slight difference in feel.

ok..thanks alot!
Death..Is Just The Beginning..