is this a good amp or not. im thinking of getting it, but some people are saying that it sucks, and some people think its awesome. what do you think?
Bow Down to the Rock Gods
It's not very good. It looks good to begin with - different sounds and effects, but the tone is just poor. You can do a lot better

What styles of music do you play, and how much do you have to spend?
i listen to and play alternative and post-hardcore like silverstein and rise against and i got at least 300
Bow Down to the Rock Gods
its a decent amp, but your better off getting a vox.. i prefer my vox over my line 6
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.
Roland Cube.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Depends what you're gonna be using it for. If it's purely for practice, and you won't be gigging with it, then I think it's a great amp for that.

If you're planning on gigging, you should get a better amp.
Well, there are a number of good amps you could get for those styles for around that price, and if you could stretch it out more, you could get into valve territory.

A Roland Cube or maybe Vox Valvetronix could do the trick, but if you could get $430 together, then you could get a Peavey Valveking.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

They're good for the money (at least, in the US) and will cover the styles you play quite well. Probably too big for bedroom practice, though.
Quote by IronMan14
i listen to and play alternative and post-hardcore like silverstein and rise against and i got at least 300

That's definitely not alternative music.

On topic, don't get it, you'll regret it. I got a terrible Behringer amp modeling amp and I regret it.

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
*head explodes* considering i just replied to another MG thread, you'll understand why this is a natural reaction to seeing this thread

i'm sick of explaining why every few days, so i'll just say don't get one.

If you want something with effects and amp models, Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube. Otherwise you could get a decent valve amp for the price of a spider. they are overpriced for what they are, the digital modelling on spiders is very poor quality for the price.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'm gonna replace mine. It doesn't "suck" but it lacks tone and sounds a little "hollow".
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by IronMan14

How long have you been playing and what does this amp need to be able to do?

Are you looking for a bedroom amp, gigging amp, or something inbetween?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I had one, it sound great for a few weeks. Then the all the setting started to sound the same. Then the it got the blocks of death, this when I would turn it on the display just showed blocks. I traded it in on VJr half stack, it was the best move I made.
Use the SEARCH function
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It is a really bad sounding amp and quality wise it is prone to problems. If this is your first amp then if you really have to have all the toy effects go ahead and get the cheapest, smallest Spider you can find (choke.) You can skip the beginner-buying toy stage and get a way better amp for the money. The Cubes aren't bad, but there are tube combos for less than $200. They don't have all the bells and whistles but the basic tone is sooooo much better. You can get some cheap pedals.
I don't intend this to be a mean-sounding post. You won't die if you go ahead and get a Spider, but after having it a while or the first time you hear a good amp you will be very unhappy.
If buying this amp will encourage you to play guitar then get it. If you get a small tube combo you may have some friends kid you about it not being "awesome" and all but down the line they will be getting better amps themselves. The small tube combo will serve you as a great little practice amp for years to come, while the Spider will either die or get thrown away.
Last edited by uldhppi at Sep 2, 2007,
What good tube combos could i get for a decent price? (im thinking of upgrading from my spider 3 ****hole to something pretty decent)
Quote by andy_h04
What good tube combos could i get for a decent price? (im thinking of upgrading from my spider 3 ****hole to something pretty decent)
Price range?
Quote by andy_h04

What are you intending on using it for?

I find upgrading a bedroom amp with a better bedroom amp to be pointless and a waste of money. If you're going from a bedroom amp to a small gig, or band practice amp, for about $500-$600 you might be able to find a Mesa Boogie F-30, B-52 AT112, Peavey VK (try it out definatly), Line 6 Flextone III (great amp, don't deny the brand), Peavey Classic 30, Fender hot Rod, Used 5150.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
maybe 600 australian max, small gig and band practice, i like heavy/thrash metal
Don't hijack the thread

TS, I would suggest a Vox Valvetronix (I've heard some serious gain from one of those), or a Roland Cube. The Cube is better for metal, but not as good at classic rock and blues as the Vox.
Quote by which ones pink
Don't hijack the thread

TS, I would suggest a Vox Valvetronix (I've heard some serious gain from one of those), or a Roland Cube. The Cube is better for metal, but not as good at classic rock and blues as the Vox.
Valvetronix XL FTW!