Ive never played live before and I was wondering if my 50 watt tube amp would be loud enough to play in a small venue. In my opinion it sounds very loud so I think it would be good enough, but alot of people tell me 50 watts is not enough for live play and I need to get a stack.

I play really loud heavy metal.
It's enough. Those people are either being silly, or are referring to solid state amps A 50 watt valve amp is plenty for gigs
Yes it will be loud enough. Hopefully your venue will have a PA system that they'll run a mic from your speaker to the mixing desk to make sure that no instrument is overbearing each other
I wish people stopped emphasising on wattage speaker size accounts more for volume but yes itll be fine.
Yeah, a 50 Watt valve amp is more than enough for a small venue and also would probably handle a medium-sized or large venue very well. Do the people who tell you that you need a stack know much about amps and Solid-State vs Valves?
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Last edited by The Overlord at Sep 2, 2007,
50 watts is enough.

You might want to invest in a 4x12 cab or 2x12 cab down the road for a thicker and louder sound.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
my 65 watt solid state combo is loud enough. your 50 watt valve is probably double mine in loudness. you'll be just fine.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.