Okay, in short my Marshall MG 10 sucks and for some reason my fender frontman 15 has some faulty electronics and the speaker seems to be in bad shape. So I'm looking to (eventually) upgrade to a better amp in the roughly 200$ area. I would normally ask my friend about this, but since he got his Mesa boogie combo, he basicly says anything I would get sucks -_-;

So I want to know if anyone has any experience with Crate, Rocktron, or gorilla/pignose amps.

Also recommend any amps you think would be good. I play classic rock/metal in general and I'm looking for something around 200$ that is preferably non modeling. The only built in effect I would ever use with anything digital would be reverb.

Also, Out of the few all tube amps of that price (Epiphone, Crate, and a Fender I believe) what experiences do you have with these, and which would you recommend.

Serriously, if you dont help me out, my next post will be "NEW MARSHALL MG 30-"
My current ghetto setup:

Crate VC508 (Needs new speaker and pots BADLEY.)
Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
BBE Sonic Maximizer (rack)
If your price limit is $200, you might want to look at modeling (maybe a cube).

But the tube amps in that range are the Valve Junior, and Crate Palomino V8. Both 5w, the V8 has gain, tone, and volume, whereas the VJ has only volume.

Although, the V8 is more expensive, too.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Oh, also, I need some opinions still on the other amps I mentioned.

Rocktron has just been interesting, and the music store guy recomended the fake transtube whatever solidstate crates to me, so I've been wondering how those are.
My current ghetto setup:

Crate VC508 (Needs new speaker and pots BADLEY.)
Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
BBE Sonic Maximizer (rack)
That sounds like a cry for help. The Crate Palamino would be a good choice for $200. Don't threaten to buy an MG again or we will put you on suicide watch.