So, I want to organize a halo 2 theme song competition.

judges can sign up here, and competitors can pm me or 1 of the 5
official judges.

the rules are simple..

- You can use any tab you want, so we have diffrent versions of the song (but try stick to the original)
- Please record your username in the beginning of the song. maybe a short introduction
- after the competition, I will make a poll. wich counts as judge #6
- competition end when enough people have signed up

so, what are you waiting for.. go go go !!

JUDGES.

1. TOAOIsaac
2. drenvital
3. Zoso92

SHREDDERS

1. ch715dallat -> http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ch715dallat/

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Last edited by noxiosimitator at Sep 29, 2007,
Can I be one?
A judge?
EDIT: Yeah I'm number 1!

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Last edited by TOAOIsaac at Sep 3, 2007,
ill be a judge
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
i'll enter because it is a godly song, but i have to wait on my mic arriving this week cos i cant be arsed recording with gearbox anymore. ill see if i can get buckethead_jr to get me synth for it put me in the maybe pile for now anyways. Halo for the win, i wish i had the helmet i would wear it while playing it for the extra master chief boost in my shreddage
Quote by ch715dallat
i'll enter because it is a godly song, but i have to wait on my mic arriving this week cos i cant be arsed recording with gearbox anymore. ill see if i can get buckethead_jr to get me synth for it put me in the maybe pile for now anyways. Halo for the win, i wish i had the helmet i would wear it while playing it for the extra master chief boost in my shreddage

you are our first contestent.. I can't wait on your version of the song
and yes, it is a godly song

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

dude its the same for any competition on here either make and mp3 or a video whatevers good.
did i naw just record a ****ty version of the theme tune lol, anyhoo its on my profile as of now, i couldnt remember alot of it so just made parst up but yeah it there lol albeit very sloppy. im gonna win this mwahahah no one else is entering
Quote by ch715dallat
did i naw just record a ****ty version of the theme tune lol, anyhoo its on my profile as of now, i couldnt remember alot of it so just made parst up but yeah it there lol albeit very sloppy. im gonna win this mwahahah no one else is entering

If I can find some way to get drums done, I'll submit something, and I shall destroy you haha! Just to make up for you beating me in teh metal contest a while back

EDIT: dude, where did you get your tab from, plus did you just do the drums by ear from the game or what?
i just did my own drums in beatcraft and merged a few different tabs together from this site to make this. i know the leads are **** because i couldnt remember half the parts so im gonna relearn the main lead part and redo it tomorrow, you shall never beat me i am a spartan master

i wish i couldve got some synth into it, it would sound much better. but i shall pwn you zak with my redone version, i made this in like 10 minutes but now that i know there isnt just me in this competition its game on mofo
Last edited by ch715dallat at Sep 9, 2007,
k i rerecorded a few parts in it and changed the little interlude part to octaves instead of triplet powerchords and basically just cleaned it up a little. thats all im gonna do cos im tuing back down to d standard and i cant be arsed retuning to do anything else
^^ yeah, I guess you're gonna win this one. I can't find a free drum program demo I haven't already had, and I really am just to lazy to learn the song lol. Oh and it's nice to see that you're using diff tunings now eh? I've been in d standard like forever, and occasionally I'll go down to c standard
man i changed to d standard a while back and have just stuck with it. it just seems to suit my playing style better , and get a drum program lol, i dont want to win this just because its only me in the comp lol. i could send you the mp3 of the track i made if you want? i dunno how but if you tell me ill send it.
I shall also do a cover of it.

Instrumedit: Ah, apparently the deadline has passed...

Well, I don't see any files. Can I still load one too, if it's done in under 2 weeks?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
fire away man, im the only competition lol, challenge me

also mines is on my profile he just didnt link it.
Quote by Instrumetal
I shall also do a cover of it.

Instrumedit: Ah, apparently the deadline has passed...

Well, I don't see any files. Can I still load one too, if it's done in under 2 weeks?

there was only one competitor in those whole 2 weeks so I guess I'm deleting the deathline untill enough people have signed up.

so feel free to record it and I'll put it up

Quote by ch715dallat
fire away man, im the only competition lol, challenge me

also mines is on my profile he just didnt link it.

linked

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Last edited by noxiosimitator at Sep 29, 2007,
"Deathline"?

Metal.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
C'mon people we still need some contestants ..

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

****ing epic song

ch715dallat

wins tho lol

EDIT:

mine will officially never see the light of day lol

btw a good backing track for this song is

DUH the original song from the first game

but then youre competing with the strings section lol
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Last edited by aeon20k at Dec 8, 2007,
i was gonna judge, but seeing as how few ppl joined, ill take a crack at it.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
hmmmmm, very interesting. I do believe I would like to throw my hat into this halo themed arena.
Quote by EclipseNine
hmmmmm, very interesting. I do believe I would like to throw my hat into this halo themed arena.

please do so

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Alright, finally got around to recording this. My entry into the Halo theme contest can be listened to in my profile. I really didn't feel like fooling around with backing tracks, and I may change it in the future, but this is the way I'm entering it. I took a few liberties with the way it's written, and I really like how it turned out. Enjoy!

*Edit* Changed my mind, added drums. Can't decide which I like better though
Last edited by EclipseNine at Jan 7, 2008,