ok so i decided not to get a five string bass, so now im just gonna put new pickups in my American Series Jazz Bass, and i am trying to get a good clear deep sound. So i was looking at pickups and i saw these Basslines. Would they be good for my style? i play heavy/thrash metal and im looking for a similar sound that Paolo Gregolleto has from trivium

Also how risky is it to put active pickups in a bass with passive. im gonna take it to my music store and ask them to do it for me
Last edited by MetalBass345 at Sep 2, 2007,
Well, the Jazz 24 has Basslines in them. However, I've always recommended SCN pickups. They have clear-as-a-bell tones and no shortage of bottom end (but not in the way Wishbass says in their eBay auctions). They're dead silent, too. Those are the pickups on American Deluxe Fenders. Oh, and MetalUpTheAss will recommend Norstrands.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Well, the Jazz 24 has Basslines in them. However, I've always recommended SCN pickups. They have clear-as-a-bell tones and no shortage of bottom end (but not in the way Wishbass says in their eBay auctions). They're dead silent, too. Those are the pickups on American Deluxe Fenders. Oh, and MetalUpTheAss will recommend Norstrands.

i have a bass with SCN in them but im looking for a different type of sound
Quote by thefitz

I'll agree with both of those. I do like the SCN's a bit more, but the Nordstrands are very solid as well.

Oh and did anyone notice this typo on the Musicians friend page for those pickups?

Played by Anthony Joyner, Tom Hamilton of Faith Hill Band, Barry Sparks of Aerosmith, Michael Schenker, Paul Grey, Slipknot

Ha!
Quote by jsbassboy
I'll agree with both of those. I do like the SCN's a bit more, but the Nordstrands are very solid as well.

Oh and did anyone notice this typo on the Musicians friend page for those pickups?

Ha!

hahahah yeah i literally just finished looking at tht page and noticed it lol