Ok, am i playing on a MG....Yeah **** amps btw... but i want to get a tube combo or head and cab i play alot of lamb of god,arch enemy, devildriver type of metal... i have $1400 any suggestions?
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
line 6 makes some interesting cabs...

if you want less digital... try a marshall.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
egh hate line6... i ahte a spider2 30 combo practice amp...absolutetly hate it..
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Mesa Boogie F series;Mesa Boogie Nomad; Carvin V3; Used Randall V2; Mesa Quad Preamp

Carvin Legacy or V series cabinets; Avatar Cabinets

With $1400 you have a loooooooaaaaaad of choices.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
B-52 AT-100, it'll cost you $700 and you'll have plenty of cash left for a nice cab. It's the best thing you'll get for that price
ohai little sig.
For those bands, Peavey 5150 or 6505 (they're the same thing).
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
btw i gig...ALOT we do alot of promotions and id like an amp that can hold its own... soo what about thsoe 5150 II's? they any good i saw one at guitar center but didnt get a chance to try it
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
ok, with a 5150...i'll probably need a noise gate wont i? its a hgih gain amp it will prominatly give alot of feedback wont it?
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
I will have to second the B-52 AT100 Head, I just bought it and am very impressed with the features and performance of this moderatly priced amp. I paid $450 used at GC.
The amp is capable of excellent tones, and like most other reviews, I will agree that the clean is exceptional. If you are looking for a metal tone this amp lacks the high gain necessary to achieve it, however with a Metal Zone or a Mega Distortion pedal this amp works great as a work horse. I keep the master volume around 2-3 and thats right next to the drums. Need I say "TONS OF POWER."
I read about heat issues with this head so it would be wise to wire up a computer fan to move some air. I recommend a neon blue or neon green led computer fan.
Gear:
1990s Dean Cadillac Select (shrimp fork) w/Seymour D. JB
2003 Ibanez SZ520QM
Line 6 Spider III Half-Stack
Quote by BlackList666
ok, with a 5150...i'll probably need a noise gate wont i? its a hgih gain amp it will prominatly give alot of feedback wont it?

When I tried one it wasn't too bad, but I didn't have it that loud. Get the amp first then see if you think it needs a noise gate.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
the 6505 isn't too bad- a noise gate would help, but it's not a necessity.
The only differences between the 5150 II/6505+ and the 5150/6505 are the fact that the 6505+/5150 II have an extra EQ (for crunch/clean and lead) and an extra preamp which gives SLIGHTLY nicer cleans due to the extra headroom.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by deanguy
Krankestein , Laney,or mesa

No, no, and yes
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by MESAexplorer
Mesa Boogie F series;Mesa Boogie Nomad; Carvin V3; Used Randall V2; Mesa Quad Preamp

Carvin Legacy or V series cabinets; Avatar Cabinets

With $1400 you have a loooooooaaaaaad of choices.

Really? The Nomad can get that heavy? I'll have to check that out...

Perhaps a Mesa Mark III or IV, with that kinda cash? Lamb Of God uses a Mesa Mark IV.
1400 is a pretty nice budget.
With a $1400 budget you don't have to consider budget amps. That Mesa F series is sounding awful good.
I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and go with some form of Peavey 5150/6505, its the perfect amp to play some of the bands you named, considering they have all used that amp at some point (?)
Quote by forsaknazrael
Really? The Nomad can get that heavy? I'll have to check that out...

Perhaps a Mesa Mark III or IV, with that kinda cash? Lamb Of God uses a Mesa Mark IV.
1400 is a pretty nice budget.

A Mark IV head usually doesn't go for below $1,600 on ebay and they're in pretty high demand.

If you want a head and a cab or combo it's going to have to be MKIII, F series, Nomad, or Mesa Quad Preamp and some sort of power section. I would recommend a Carvin 100watt tube power amp. It's about $700 in comparison to most other brands being over $1,000+ for 20watts and about $1,300 for 100 watts.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
sorry for picking up an old thread. didn't want to start a new one.

I have an awesome opportunity to buy a Mark III-combo (with graphic equalizer) rather cheap. How heavy will it get? In Flames-heavy?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball