Hey I recently decided that I want to sell my 2nd guitar to buy a new one, and decided that I don't want the regular Strat or LP etc. I came across this and it really stood out as a goer. I have little or no experience with Danos, and would like your thoughts and input. What I'd be looking for would be a stereotypical rock sound, nothing flash, but not as basic as punk. I know that Page played a few Danos in his day, so I have faith in this. It's early days yet, and thanks much for any advice.
looks lumsy to play with.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
Guitarwise I play a strat and a dean ML so I'm used to thin and wide necks, style wise I play everything but Zep style rock would be the norm. Anybody actually played one of these?
I've played a Dano a few years back. This guitar exactly as a matter of fact. It was extremely hard to play. It sounded fair, but it was just so awkward I didn't even give it a second try.
Quote by easter-glow
Ok...thanks. Not good for solos so???

I just looked at it and i can tell it wont be good for solo's, the 12th fret is basically as far as you can comfortably play, there's no cutaway so it's like trying to solo on an acoustic lol
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
i think if you're looking for the "page" type sound, page used many kinds of guitars; strats, telecasters, les pauls, and something called the Gibson RD.
^got that from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Page

the leppelin type sound also depends on your amp and effects and such, which i've got no clue what they used
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
I actually kind of like it, id never buy it without testing it extensively first but i think it has a pretty interesting look, hell of a lot more interesting than just getting a strat or an LP copy
Quote by GLP_Arclite
hell of a lot more interesting than just getting a strat or an LP copy

My thoughts exactly, and I don't want to clone Pages tone at all. I want to find my own sound (doesn't everyone?) I simply used Page as a reference so we're all in the same ball park.

Does anybody have any suggestions for similar guitars?
this guitar ws revieved in total guitar magazine and they said it was incredible and great value for money but its up to u but i would purchase this months mag cos thats where it is