Okay, so I have a dillemma.

My friend gave me a flash drive with (the new) Halloween movie on it. My girlfriend is coming by in about an hour to watch it with me.

Here's the problem: Its a Divx file, so if I just burn it to a dvd as it is, it wont play. Is there any way I can take the file and convert it to a file that can be played on my DVD player? I don't think its very romantic or fun to watch the movie on my computer with her.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Im going too look into it but try sourceforge.net for a dvd burner everything there is free
so your dvd player cant take DivX?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
An hour? Erk :/

You can try downloading and installing ConvertXtoDVD [will probably need to torrent it], but depending on the size of the film, it's likely to take at least an hour to convert and then another while to burn. Or at least, it does on my PC.

EDIT: Or can you just burn the DivX file as a VCD?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

If your DVD player doesn't read Divx the quickest way your gonna be watching that on your DVD player is to convert it to a KVCD (will take about 2 hours.) You could burn it as a DVD but it will be choppy and bad quality, also it will take about 6 hours to burn. Google "Avi to kvcd" and download a legit looking program.
Can't you set your computer up so it shows whats on the screen on your TV? So you can watch the movie off your computer ON your TV with no burning or downloading involved.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
Can't you set your computer up so it shows whats on the screen on your TV? So you can watch the movie off your computer ON your TV with no burning or downloading involved.

If your girlfriend is comming in an hour that's the only way your going to be watching it. Run, don't walk, to Future Shop to pick up a cable.
Quote by subdivsions
If your DVD player doesn't read Divx the quickest way your gonna be watching that on your DVD player is to convert it to a KVCD (will take about 2 hours.) You could burn it as a DVD but it will be choppy and bad quality, also it will take about 6 hours to burn. Google "Avi to kvcd" and download a legit looking program.

I've put AVIs to DVD and the quality didn't change.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

sooo... how did this "date" end up?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger