Hey,
I am looking for a new amp but really don't have a clue about what I am doing, and can't seem to find a good one for myself at my £100 - £150 price range!
I use a Mark Hoppus fender sig and have a Behringer amp (example of how i don't have a clue!) and really think that I am missing out by having a Behringer so I am looking for a new amp!
I want to be able to play a few small gigs in the near future with my band, so the amp needs to be able to do so.
Our music is very pop-punkish so I am looking for that kind of Blink-182/Sum 41 tone on for my bass which I can't seem to get at the moment even with my hybrid slinkys.

Help appreciated thanks a lot!
well, http://guitargeek.com/rigview/341/

thats mark's rig, as you can see he plays through ampegs. but no ampegs are in your price range.

Ashdown does make a few amps in this range: perfect 10 or after 8

GK also makes a decent one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-210BLXII-Bass-Cabinet?sku=601056

Peavey, Ibanez, and Fender all make amps in that range as well.

Really, you don't have many options that low in price, you try saving up some more and possibly buying a larger Ampeg or Ashdown rig to get what you want.
Thanks fo rteh help, I might be able to go a bit over £200, but not past £300 really.
I'll check out Ashdown and Ampeg!
Also take a look at a GK Backline 600 head.

I've heard great things about it, and its pretty cheap, $375 here in Canada. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is, but our dollar is definately worth less than yours.
Thanks, ill check it out. The problem here in England is that everything is more expesnive. Some thinga that say cost $200, cost £200 in England, it's annoying!
Quote by Danbo
Thanks, ill check it out. The problem here in England is that everything is more expesnive. Some thinga that say cost $200, cost £200 in England, it's annoying!

I know... it is really bad sometimes. But you have to bear in mind VAT, import duty and a general higher cost of living in the UK.