Hey dudes, im going to buy a new Amp online tommorow and i would appreciate some guidance. I want an all Tube Amp to replace my Roland Cube 60 (i dont like the tones). I play all types of music, rock, blues, shred etc so i want something versitile. My faveiroute artists include Paul Gilbert, Buckethead etc but also the likes of U2!

I would like a Class A tube amp, i was thinking maybe the Laney VC30, or the Vox AC15cc. I want a warm rich overdrive, ive been reading around and alot have said the Vox doesent have this. Can anyone tell me if the Laney has a good overdrive? or can someone recommend another amp?

many thanks!!
laney vc30 seems like a good choice to me. it sounds quite vox ac30ish (think of queen) so if you like that sound then yes it has a good overdrive. it can get a bit higher gain though and could do hard rock, you'd definitely need an overdrive for metal though, you could maybe get an acceptable hair metal kind of drive but that's it
thanks for your reply. I already have a Boss MD-2 distortion pedal, should i swap this over for maybe an Ibanez Tubescreamer ?
Quote by crispychicken
thanks for your reply. I already have a Boss MD-2 distortion pedal, should i swap this over for maybe an Ibanez Tubescreamer ?

Absolutely, it would sound much better.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
cool. Do i need to buy a modded tubescreamer? I know little about them, which model should i buy?

many thanks
Why not try the Marshall Vintage Modern Combo. As Paul is using that on his current tour. And he seems to be taking a liking to it. And it is a great amp.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by crispychicken
cool. Do i need to buy a modded tubescreamer? I know little about them, which model should i buy?

many thanks

where do you live? US???
i have one on sale. a modified ibanez TS9 in TS808 specs. look in the link in my sig.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
slash, the marshall is out my price range but many thanks for the suggestion. I live in the UK! i will need to sell my Roland 60 amp and Boss distortion pedal before i buy new ones!
Oh right!
Haha, sorry. I saw tube amp and paul gilbert. I shoukd read the whole post.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell