Hey guys,

I've been wanting a pedal board for a while, but didn't have time. Didn't really need one but I of liked one

So after some planning I took it upon myself today to build myself a pedalboard. So I popped down the DIY store and picked up 2 pieces of MDF wood. One 60x40 and the other 60x20 and because they were offcuts, the spares came in very handy for supports.

Looking at my plans, I was going to go for the conventional 2 levels, with the gap underneath the second layer for leads. I only have a couple of pictures right now, and sadly I forgot the bring the cam for picture's of the process.

Now, I have no idea on what cover it in. A friend mentioned carpet (like on amps), i've no idea where to get this stuff from (UK). Right now I only have a few pedals (boss AC-2, DS-1, HM-2 and a homemade pedal) but i'm going to buy a wah, power bank and Boss TU-2.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to get the carpet or Vinyl?

Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
i'm trying to get carpet for mine. i like the feel over vinyl.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well in the UK just head down homebase or B&Q they've got that sorta thing right? I've always thought having a pedal board would be cool but I've only got 3 pedals so I've never considered actually building one
Looks cool. I don't know where you'd get the vinyl stuff, but I'd recommend regular carpet or cutting apart a cheap rug. I like that more than the itchy feel of amp vinyl.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
It's just the structure chassis at the moment. Going to fit some side protection and then go over with the carpet/vinyl.

I really only have the AC-2 and the DS-1 working right now because my HM-2 and homemade one are needing to be fixed. It's big enough for a wah, which i'll eventually get.

It's pretty heavy being 1.5cm MDF, but right now it'll be just going down the side of the wardrobe so weight isn't an issue. I would have liked it in a suitcase but for £4 it's looking pretty well so far.

Will take a look at B&Q next time i'm down. Is there anything specific I should be asking for?
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
For carpet, check auto parts stores. They have stuff that is thin and basically just like the non-"sticky" side of velcro. That way you can put the sticky side stuff on the bottom of the pedal and rearrange as you wish. I did a build very similar to yours a while back, here's some pics from it.

I've since added a plug like you'd find on a computer or amp to the back of it so the power cord can be removed. I used 1x12 for the base, top and sides, and 3/8" plywood for the back.
That looks nice, carpets the way to go I reckon.

Going to asses what needs to be done today, as the sides are exposed. I might drill a small arch out of the back to fit any exposed leads into.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
I'd go with carpet and then stick velcro over it and on the bottoms of the pedals to fasten them on. What are you using to power them?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'll be using a Dunlop power brick or one of those £30 "DC power banks" ones.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
Ah right, how much do those DC bricks run for? What I'm doing for mine is getting a 1200mA multi-volt regulated power supply (£16) and then running that into a VisualSound Multiplug adaptor (£8). Should allow me to power 5 pedals on the cheap
Aha that looks decent too

On a completely different subject, any idea what a used GCB-95 Crybaby would go for btw? I'm looking for one to mod...
Taking a look on ebay, that crybaby is going really cheap (early bids though). Might be able to contact them and get a good price.

I'm looking into a wah, no idea which ones are good though
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
What styles d'you play? There's alot of good wahs but good higher gain ones tend to be expensive...
Well, i'm more of the Black sabbath/ozzy kind of player. But I do dabble in Cream.

It'd be more used for writing my own music as aposed to playing covers. I'm looking into the GCB-95 but thats the only one I really know
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by Darren5591

It'd be more used for writing my own music as aposed to playing covers. I'm looking into the GCB-95 but thats the only one I really know

dont, if u do, get a cheap 1 of ebay and modd it, i have 1 and it sounds terrible tbh

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
What would be the best wah, that can handle fairly high gain (i'm not talking shred/death, more like sabbath tone).

I'll post in the wah thread though, keep this to my pedalboard build.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!