Page 1 of 2
There's been a lot of threads about acne lately, so I decided to create a thread completely dedicated the problems and solutions to acne.

Here's my fail-safe acne fighting plan:

Morning:

Antibiotic face wash

Stridex Pad (Full strength, it works wonders)

Cream w/ salicylic acid

Mid-Day

Antibiotic face wash

Stridex Pad

Mid-Day #2

Stridex Pad

Evening

Antibiotic face wash

Stridex Pad

Before Bed

Cream with Benzoyl Peroxide (Works Wonders)

Don't EVER touch your face. The oils from your hands will cause pimples. I used to have a problem with touching my face in my sleep. I would wake up with pimples all over the place. I had to sleep with gloves on to prevent it. Maybe some of you should try this.

Discuss.
Last edited by halfback_712 at Sep 2, 2007,
I'm 18 and my forehead has acne scars..any advice?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I have it and it sucks balls
I'm trying to kill it with this medicine crap though.
So far it's working
Corona Corona
Last edited by demoniacfashion at Sep 2, 2007,
Don't pop pimples... I used to have pretty bad acne from Jr. High till around sophemore year in high school. It wasn't fun.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
I just have the odd spot here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary for your average 15 year old.
Quote by rickyy
I'm 18 and my forehead has acne scars..any advice?

Put vitamin E on the scars. It worked for me, but my scars were brand new. I don't know how old your scars are.
Yea. I got acne when i was about 10 and hasnt gotten too much better. Im 14 now. HS isnt too much fun w/ this on my face. Its a socially terminal illness.
I never had acne.

I've been getting a fair few spots as of recent, but thats from being a grumpy miserable prick.
All you people with acne should just go see a Dermatologist. They'll prescribe you something and it works wonders.
I've got some slight scarring on my cheeks, not like the bumps, but just red marks that won't go away. Any ideas on how to get rid of them? Vitamin E?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by njc69
hahahahaha pizza face ****s

Um yeah shut the fuck up.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Kartman
I've got some slight scarring on my cheeks, not like the bumps, but just red marks that won't go away. Any ideas on how to get rid of them? Vitamin E?

Isnt it Viatmin A?? I know that helps a lot with my skin anyway... I got this cream a while back, forget the name, that had vitamin a in it and it made my acne go away.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
someone said Vitamin E helps scars, but idk. i think Neosporin and the like would work as well.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Let's all beat him up with our faces

Let's pop pimples on him..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by njc69

How sensitive
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by njc69

LOLOL U R SO COOL

I've had acne since I was 11...
I went to a dermatologist recently, and the stuff he prescribed is working.
Quote by rickyy
Let's pop pimples on him..

Let's pop his by like punching him really hard or something...
hahahahaha

that wasn't very clever...
Corona Corona
Now that we all have acne covered, anyone ave any special way to get rid of blackheads?

Most people have some, but some dont. I'm wondering if theres something you can do if you're not one of the lucky ones that was born with a perfect complexion, besides washing your face twice a day and using a cream with part whatever whatever acid in it.

Any ideas?
I'm waiting for someone to say you have acne because of your diet, and that just isn't true!

My dermatologist said it, gave me a course of roaccutane and sent me on my way. And roaccutane REALLY works. Got some weird side effects though... had back pains during the treatment and my hands dry out randomly in the random weather - hot/cold/hot etc.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Er, does anyone know if Blackheads grow?

.. maybe I'm just a freak of nature

Anyone?
Last edited by rickyy at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by Last Breath
Now that we all have acne covered, anyone ave any special way to get rid of blackheads?

Most people have some, but some dont. I'm wondering if theres something you can do if you're not one of the lucky ones that was born with a perfect complexion, besides washing your face twice a day and using a cream with part whatever whatever acid in it.

Any ideas?

If you GENTLY squeeze blackheads the oil and dead skin trapped in your pores can be released.
i got some cream called freederm, works pretty well although is £8 for a small tube

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Here's my acne, its not so bad right?
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by halfback_712

Here's my fail-safe acne fighting plan:

Morning:

Antibiotic face wash

Stridex Pad (Full strength, it works wonders)

Cream w/ salicylic acid

Mid-Day

Antibiotic face wash

Stridex Pad

Mid-Day #2

Stridex Pad

Evening

Antibiotic face wash

Stridex Pad

Before Bed

Cream with Benzoyl Peroxide (Works Wonders)

Don't EVER touch your face. The oils from your hands will cause pimples. I used to have a problem with touching my face in my sleep. I would wake up with pimples all over the place. I had to sleep with gloves on to prevent it. Maybe some of you should try this.

Holy crap, dude!
Corona Corona
ANybody use Proactiv? I've been using it for about a week and a half and wonder if it worked for anybody else. It seems to be doing the job, but it takes 3-6 weeks for full results.
Quote by fluffylump2
ANybody use Proactiv? I've been using it for about a week and a half and wonder if it worked for anybody else. It seems to be doing the job, but it takes 3-6 weeks for full results.

I used it for a while but I was allergic to the face wash, so now I don't use it as much anymore. I still use the moisturizer, though.
Quote by rickyy
Er, does anyone know if Blackheads grow?

.. maybe I'm just a freak of nature

Anyone???

???
Quote by fluffylump2

It only works for the less severe types of acne, like if you get a couple every now and then, say every month or so
Corona Corona
Quote by rickyy
???

I don't think they can "grow" but you can definitely clog them up more. If you already ahve a blackhead and you shove even more crap into the pore, it will get bigger.

It seems like you have blackheads. I get rid of mine by squeezing them gently. It works pretty well as long as you don't get pissed that it's not working and start trying to kill yourself with the sqeezing. blackheads + scar < blackeads
Page 1 of 2