I have a crate gt65 but it seems its not that good for metal.. i want to get another AMP for around 500-700$ for good sounding metal amp..

any suggestions??
wow....Fender Hot Rod Dlx w/ tubescreamer. Or almost any tube amp w/ a tubescreamer. Peavey Windsor Stack w/ Tubescreamer.
Mesa Boogie makes great metal amps if you want to go a little bit higher in price. Or even the new line of Crate GTD amps. I would also recommend getting a Boss Metal Zone of Boss DS-2 distortion pedal if you don't want to buy a whole new amp.
But since you do have a Crate and most Crate's are 3 channel, I would recommend tinkering with the high gain channel and figure out a metal sound that appeals to you.
I would go for a used Peavey 5150.

PinkEdit: I just read the post above me, and you are incorrect. His current amp is a piece, and the only amps Crate makes that aren't garbage are the all-tube ones. The Boss Metal Zone is horrible as well. Mesas are nice, I'll give you that.
Last edited by which ones pink at Sep 2, 2007,
Marshalls are nice amps no doubt, but a used 5150 would be much better for a chunky high gain metal sound. try to get the combo version?
you might be able to get a randall warhead head for that price. a peavey classic with a dist./od pedal would suit you. definitely try out a windsor. or a used marshall jcm 800.
If you want a Transtube get one without built in effects. They sound good and less likely to malfunction. A good used tube combo will serve you better.