Sorry if this is a really newbie question. But umm...I was wondering, whenver i use the Gain feature on my amp ( I have a Fender 15G and a Squire Strat Guitar), it sounds really good when i play one string only. But as soon as I add in another string or strings (to make a powerchord) it maeks a really distinct buzzing sound that sort of overshadows the actual notes. Is that supposed to happen? If so, is there anyway I can just get the notes to sound clear without all the extra buzzing? Or at least decrease the buzzing sound somehow?
That is possibly due to the single coil hum on the Stratocaster, cord, or your gain level. You can probably get rid of it by getting a Boss Noise Supressor pedal.
its probably because im playing too close....the amp is about a foot away =P but yeah..thanks for all the help guys =)
Is your guitar in tune?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Maybe when you chord, the Frontman clips, and you get the proverbial crappy solidstate distortion which sounds like a bag of beer cans stuck in a trash compactor. One string doesn't generate enough current for that, but two strings do.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
so how can i fix the proverbial crappy solidstate distortion which sounds like a bag of beer cans stuck in a trash compactor? =P
If it really is that, then try feeding less current into your amp. Roll down the volume on your guitar, but keep the gain up on the amp. It'll be quieter, but might still give you passable distortion.

Generally, though, look into getting a better amp. As an amplifier, a Frontman is only slightly better than no amplifier, and it won't really give you great distortion.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I also have the same set-up as you (though it is my backup kit)
You really need to move away from your amp, also try experiment with positioning it in different directions away from you, its weird but some positions of it play with a lot less interference than others

another thing to check is the cable, sometimes a damaged cable can produce excess noise

edit: i forgot to add something... -.-'
I moved about 10m away from my amp and turned 90o away from it, it sounded a lot better
Last edited by l3vity at Sep 2, 2007,
hey! i jsut found another cable somewhere in my house! and it works just fine with that one...so it was jsut the cable....blah..im so sick of getting scammed by music stores...i swear they'd do anything just to get money...-_-...arent there any decent people around anymore...the one i was using was supposedly an expensive high quality one..but thats just a load of crap..i bet it was used for like 5 years...then they found it in a garbage can and decided to sell it back with a starter guitar pack....sigh =\
Quote by pifty
Maybe when you chord, the Frontman clips, and you get the proverbial crappy solidstate distortion which sounds like a bag of beer cans stuck in a trash compactor. One string doesn't generate enough current for that, but two strings do.

I concur. I had the same problem with my FM 212R. It should't do it on the clean channel, does it?

noobEDIT: Nevermind
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
noo nothing happens on the clean channel...it only happens when GAIN is on..and scratch that..the cable makes it better but theres still some buzzing noise...sigh =\ guess i cant get rid of it....
Might you have access to some recording equipment that would make it possible for us to hear roughly what you're talking about? Because there are a bunch of different types of buzz and they have quite different causes and solutions.
It shouldn't be the cable if pulling one string's okay, but more than one isn't. Bad cable, as an antenna, will produce buzz all the time, play or not play. It'll buzz more when the gain is turned up on the amp, but it won't be much affected by whether you pull a string or play a chord.