I just got a new laptop (Thinkpad), and I'm looking to get some games for it to pass time between classes and other bits of free time. Specs are as follows:

Intel x3100 graphics accelerator (the real problem)
2 gigs RAM
100 GB HD
Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 1.5 GHz

Any good older/low requirement games that I could play on this? I've already got nethack, Baldur's Gate II, and a lot of Popcap and Gamehouse games. I'm looking for basically any kind of game, free or otherwise.

Thanks for input.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Warcraft III, Grand Theft Auto 3, Rollercoaster Tycoon, The Sims
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
Unreal Tournament
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Diablo 2 FTW!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein

Seriously.

I STILL love Humongous Games. While they're simple, and a little more child oriented, they're fun as shit.

Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, Spy Fox, Backyard Baseball, Backyard Football, etc.

It's still great.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
To add something: If you guys know of any other games like nethack i.e. randomly generated levels I'd love to hear about it. I don't care what genre it's in (Diablo II has already been mentioned).
Rig

Counter strike, Starcraft, worms etc...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I've got Worms and played SC to death already. I think I'm going to have to get CS though, it should run fine right?
Rig

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
I've got Worms and played SC to death already. I think I'm going to have to get CS though, it should run fine right?

Depends which version. You'll have problems with Source.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Depends which version. You'll have problems with Source.

Yeah, I was talking about 1.6, not source.
Rig

If you can find it, there's a DVD with Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics on it. Wiki/Google it to see what it's about(I love those games--and they will consume a lot of time.).

Although, I do have to say that the games are buggy, and don't work well with Windows XP(although fan sites for the game tell you how you can tweak the games out to make them run better).

Armed and Dangerous is a fun shooter(although it's repetitive), Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Bard's Tale. There's also a little known vehicular combat game called CrashDay; it's a newer game(within the last year), but it runs fine on lower grade systems.

EDIT: I've heard with Dual Core processors that with older games you have to turn one of the chips off since older games weren't made to deal with that. Should be easy to find a "how to" thing somewhere.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Last edited by OffspringPhreak at Sep 2, 2007,
Quote by fallenangel20

Seriously.

I STILL love Humongous Games. While they're simple, and a little more child oriented, they're fun as shit.

Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, Spy Fox, Backyard Baseball, Backyard Football, etc.

It's still great.

HOLY SHIT PUTT-PUTT!

I ****ing traded Lego Island to someone for that. They gave me Lego Island back, then they moved. I was like...8.

Win for me!
-Half-Life 1, obviously.

-"Homeworld" is one of my all-time favorite games, and it rated very highly, amazing story, looks good even though it's a 1998 game, enjoyable, good muliplayer, and nice replay value.

-Age of empires/Age of mythology
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by rickyy
Diablo 2 FTW!

+1, plus Starcraft, or pretty much any C&C game.
any game on ijji.com, or halo 1 even the single player on that is fun, and i can play those wiht 512 ram
Quote by Dirge Humani

HOLY SHIT PUTT-PUTT!

I ****ing traded Lego Island to someone for that. They gave me Lego Island back, then they moved. I was like...8.

Win for me!

Hell yea. Putt Putt was like crack. My favorite was always the Zoo one, because I could take pictures.

But one of the later ones when he was in his hometown was awesome.

Not to mention Putt Putt Goes to the Moon.

I miss those games....
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
See, the real problem with my laptop is the integrated graphics card. The GPU is the most important piece of hardware for gaming.

Any suggestions for free games?
Rig

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
See, the real problem with my laptop is the integrated graphics card. The GPU is the most important piece of hardware for gaming.

Any suggestions for free games?

Unreal Tournament, you can easily download it, but it's not legal.

If your looking for legally free then there is a CS clone called War Rock that you can download and the specs aren't too high so you could probably run it.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
^ my friend plays War Rock and he's addicted to it. If you want you can buy the game at local stores too and get a lifetime weapon like an M-60.

Also try Hearts of Iron II, my friend showed it to me and it's extremely fun and it's a thinking game. You have to order it off their site and I don't have it saved so just type that in and it should pop up.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt