So my question to you all, is why do pinch harmonics come through 10 X better when using 1 Pickup as compared to two? I use 2 EMG Active pickups 81,85 When I have my switch in the middle (Both pickups) Pinch Harmonics don't come through As well or not at all, When I switch to 1, without changing the way I do a pinch harmonic they're perfect, everytime.. So..

Do you guys have an explantion for me? Thanks
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Harmonics ring out better if you play by the bridge, so when you put emphasis on the bridge pickup, the harmonics come out more.
Quote by Hammett5
So my question to you all, is why do pinch harmonics come through 10 X better when using 1 Pickup as compared to two? I use 2 EMG Active pickups 81,85 When I have my switch in the middle (Both pickups) Pinch Harmonics don't come through As well or not at all, When I switch to 1, without changing the way I do a pinch harmonic they're perfect, everytime.. So..

Do you guys have an explantion for me? Thanks

Want a physics lesson? Look up harmonics in stringed instruments on google.

Basically, it has to do with the string vibrating at two different frequencies, and each pickup is picking up a different frequency, thusly making the harmonic crappy sounding.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
hm my guitar got H-S-H .... and well for me it sounds like the pinched harmonic played only on the single coil sounds very crappy. played on a Humbucker and a single coil sounds crappy too.
But when i´m using just 1 humbucker it sounds best.

Why is it that way. at first i thought a pinched harmonic only on the single coil will sound good.
Last edited by Tigri at Sep 3, 2007,
Quote by Tigri
Why is it that way. at first i thought a pinched harmonic only on the single coil will sound good.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that it's a single coil, if you had a single coil in the bridge and used that it would sound fine, it's just that the positioning of the bridge pickup means it picks up the harmonics better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.