Page 1 of 2
Would make a 5W Tube amp and make it so it has 3 Channels:
JCM800
JCM900
Clean
It would have a Miniature Sized Head and a cab only, so no combos and it would look like a mini halfstack. Price it around $199-$249 and I think it would sell CRAZY.

The Size would be about 2 feet tall, by 1.5 wide:
Noway!! It'd sound like crap, a Marshall ain't a Marshall unless its 100w and you can crank it. That's the only way to get the full Marshall sound.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Marshall could price it at 800 and it'd still sell like crazy.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Marshall used to make a 15W Tube mini-stack called the 'studio' or something like that but it's discontinued so I'm guessing it didn't sell very well. I've only ever seen one on the eBays.

If they re-released it though it would probably sell well now that small tube amps are the flavour of the month.

They make more money ripping people off with their SS amps anywa though, they probably get twice as much profit from the MG line than they would a small tube amp.
Quote by Sloopy
Noway!! It'd sound like crap, a Marshall ain't a Marshall unless its 100w and you can crank it. That's the only way to get the full Marshall sound.

It would be tube, and you could still crank it.
Quote by FRDesign
It would be tube, and you could still crank it.

Thats not what he means, you dont have much experience with Marshall, besides your MG, do you?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
It sounds like you don't have much experience with tube amps at all, eh?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Marshall used to make a 15W Tube mini-stack called the 'studio' or something like that but it's discontinued so I'm guessing it didn't sell very well. I've only ever seen one on the eBays.

If they re-released it though it would probably sell well now that small tube amps are the flavour of the month.

They make more money ripping people off with their SS amps anywa though, they probably get twice as much profit from the MG line than they would a small tube amp.

Honestly, I sometimes think that half of Epiphone's Valve Jr. sales come from people on UG recommending them (and modding them).
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
marshalls suck imo. but i've never cranked one so i don't know...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Honestly, I sometimes think that half of Epiphone's Valve Jr. sales come from people on UG recommending them (and modding them).

Hhahaha yeah, most threads I see now. "Get a tube!!!...now..."
Not that it's bad I like tube amps and hope to buy one myself.

But yeah the Valve Jr, Crate Palomino and the smaller Fender amps are probably doing well now.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Sloopy

pfft because if im going to go deaf i want it to be with marshall... id rather go down that route by an engl or orange...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
The biggest problems with the suggested price point above come down to two things. First off, there is already competition in the "very small" multichannel stack department coming from Krank with a price point of about $600. Second is that the profit margin at the low price point would be almost nonexistent as multichannel class A/B amps are much more expensive to design and manufacture than the single channel class A amps that already inhabit the ~$200 price range. Not to mention the fact that you need to somehow stuff all the necessary controls for a three channel amp (I'm guessing a shared EQ to save space) into something that's just slightly over half the size of a regular Marshall.

From a business perspective, Marshall would be dumb not to at least match Krank's price and sell on the virtue of having a third channel and a Marshall logo. Either way, it would be hard to make a profit by selling something like this for less than about $500, and this isn't including advertising expenses, warranty claims, tech support training, test models, endorsements, etc.

If Marshall ever did something like this (which I hope they do) I wouldn't expect to see it hit the market for less than $700, though the $800 suggestion above sounds more on par.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

I know mine did, but it sounds awesome. I find it versatile enough for me.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by igotabcrich32
Marshall could price it at 800 and it'd still sell like crazy.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
18 watt Marshall heads for the win.

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSub...marshall18w.htmp

Quote by timmypage06
The idea would not physically be possible.

All three of these guys speak the truth.
I must say though TS, that's a really cool mockup.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by Sloopy

what about 18w marshalls? they are awesome
Quote by Sloopy

You; don't talk.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Actually I think it would be better if Marshall made a "mini" JCM800. Basically a scaled down JCM800 preamp, with a tone and preamp volume control and a 1xEL84 poweramp volume control.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Actually I think it would be better if Marshall made a "mini" JCM800. Basically a scaled down JCM800 preamp, with a tone and preamp volume control and a 1xEL84 poweramp volume control.

I'd save up for it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
^^Yes! A single-ended EL84 Marshall; basically 'half' an 18 watt. At twice the price of a Valve Jr, it would still sell like crazy.
what people must know, is that we dont all stay in our bedrooms pretending we're good with our roland cubes with the mids at zero

some of us get out there and gig and gig in places where ever 30w valve isnt high enough

so these great legends of amps will always sell - hendrix, page - feck the p.a's - some people want pure old skool rockandroll - me def. included!
Quote by SG thrasher
"Price it around $199-$249 and I think it would sell CRAZY."

Yeah, that'd be a clever move from Marshall.

maybe, but i doubt theyd do something like that,considering theyre probably already cleaning up profit wise in the lower price range with the mgs and people thinking they need a marshall.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by davedoom
what people must know, is that we dont all stay in our bedrooms pretending we're good with our roland cubes with the mids at zero

some of us get out there and gig and gig in places where ever 30w valve isnt high enough

so these great legends of amps will always sell - hendrix, page - feck the p.a's - some people want pure old skool rockandroll - me def. included!

Well actually I like to mic amps if they're sent out thru the monitors. It's also a lot easier to get a good and even sound when you mice them.

I doubt I'd need more than 30 valves.

EDIT: I mean 30 watts, but I thoght it was so funny with 30 valves so it stays.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

what about 18w lite kits? there 18watts, but arent as loud i would imagine
Quote by Gabel
I doubt I'd need more than 30 valves.
EDIT: I mean 30 watts, but I thoght it was so funny with 30 valves so it stays.

Hahaha, your right, it is better when you said 30 valves.

But on topic, it would be an awesome idea yes, but your price would be hugely incorrect, far far off. It would be more along 700-800 as said above, especially when compared to their MG/AVT/mode fours and all of their other low-end tripe which are priced (MG30 - $350, AVT100 - $629-900)
They could actually make a JCM800 preamp with single-ended EL84 power section technically speaking...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i would buy one if they made it. even if it was only a 5 watt. if it was 5 watts i could crank it at home without getting in too much trouble :P
Ltd EC-400
Ibanez GRX40
Yamaha FD02
M-Audio Black Box
Marshall MG15CDR
you can use yellow jackets on a 50watt 800, therefore giving you like 13watts - dont sound the same, but its something!
Well thing with Yellow Jackets is that they only work that good in theory.

The thing is that it won't still be the same as an amp made for only 2x EL84's.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Yeah.

Actually wonder how hard it would be to make a simplified JCM800 preamp, but with only a tone control?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

they could make one, but it'd probably cost about £1000....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ive seen a 20 watt jcm800 clone. it was ugly as hell, but it sounded just like an 800.
Page 1 of 2