I may be getting a new bass but it has to be 300 or under. I play in a Metalcore band. I currently am thinking of getting the Traben Array 4 string. What Bass should I get next?
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Not an Epi Thunderbird for sure. I just had a rant about it in another thread :P

Having never played a Traben, I can't comment on it too much. However, I have heard good things about it. If you plan on playing only Metalcore than it most likely will work. For this genre, ESP, Schecter, and Ibanez also make quality instruments.
+1 for ESP and Ibanez.

Personally never played an ESP thru an amp, but I have held and looked at them closely, and they look very well constructed.

Also, I have played an Ibanez, and from what I remember (It was a year or so ago) it had a good tone for rock/metal and played awesome. I didnt like the body shape tho, but thats personal preference.
either ESP or that Traben, i played one, it is sexy but i bought the ESP, which shows the diff(oh and the ESP is $420)
Quote by BassRichardson
I may be getting a new bass but it has to be 300 or under. I play in a Metalcore band. I currently am thinking of getting the Traben Array 4 string. What Bass should I get next?

I have a traben phoenix and it is a very sexy lady. I'd go for it.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
since you're wanting to get a new one, i guess you already have one. save more money and get a better one.
The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
-1 John 2:17
You could prolly pick up a used ESP or Ibanez for that much, but You might want to consider getting some more cash and waiting a while.
i've never paid $300 or less for a bass. The cheapest i've gone was $360 and it was 50% off cuz noone bought it for quite a while( i guess noone in Bowling Green plays a six-string)
I'd say save up more money or use that $300 to mod your current bass. maybe just get a traben that costs more than $300.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
http://www.espguitars.com/

Look around at their LTD standard series, anything in the 250 series will probably be a tad bit over your price range, but the 150s will definitely be in your price range. As far as their sound and pick-ups go, they're mostly the same, except the EC has a few less controls than the others.

I'd suggest a B 154, or 155 if you're looking for a 5 string (which will help you out A LOT in dropped tunings for metalcore)