Hey i just got an old quest atak 5 from my friend and i painted it and put a new pickup in it and it actually sounds great but the problem is it goes out of tune the second i touch the whammy bar. I bought locking tuners and it also locks the strings at the nut but it still goes out of tune. On the bridge there are little posts of course that allow you to tune from there and i think these are the problem. they keep moving and untwisting causing the guitar to go out of tune. I could buy another bridge but then id have to drill new holes and ya da ya da. Is there any way to make this guitar stay in tune or should i just suck it up and buy a new bridge. This guitar was just given to me so i want to fix it up a bit.
Idk if this would work, but I just got the idea...
buy 6 EVH D-Tunas and lock them all at standard tuning and when it goes out of tune,just push them and it goes right back
would that work?
Corona Corona
did you stretch the strings out before using the whammy?
are all the whammy parts on the guitar that keep it in tune?

sounds strange that this is happening with everything locked down at the nut and tuners......
remove the little mini-tuner things and wrap the strings around a little piece of the bridge or something so they cant twist that might work
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
remove the little mini-tuner things and wrap the strings around a little piece of the bridge or something so they cant twist that might work

i tryed that but then when i tighten the screws at the nut the string tunes to sharp and then i cant fix it at the bridge. Oh and sorry this is in the wrong thread.