so ive always got a scratching sound from my esp since i got it, oct 5th, last year, but i never could fix it, ive had it looked at by my guitar teacher who knows how to repair em, but he couldnt figure out how to get it to stop, also, the screw holes for the input faceplate have always been a little stripped inside so the screws would come out, so i put paper strips inside to accomidate the excess space, and had a little of the paper sticking out so i can remove it if necessisary, which always did the trick for that problem. but i always still got that scrathing sound when the cable was hit near the input jack so i havent preformed with it ever. but i really wanna get it fixed.

so first i need help on soldering the cable back to the input, but i think its pretty self explanitory, just dont wanna do something and blow out my emg's cuz i didnt verify.

second, fixing the scrach sound.

or should i send the guitar back to ESP since its been messed up since the beginning?

i got it online from MusiciansFriend less than a year ago.

thanks for the help. =]
am ate all ur peanutbutterz!!!

me: had to mow the lawn...
fishy****187: lol mow my lawn
fishy****187: if you know what i mean
hahaha
Quote by bblacksheepp
so ive always got a scratching sound from my esp since i got it, oct 5th, last year, but i never could fix it, ive had it looked at by my guitar teacher who knows how to repair em, but he couldnt figure out how to get it to stop, also, the screw holes for the input faceplate have always been a little stripped inside so the screws would come out, so i put paper strips inside to accomidate the excess space, and had a little of the paper sticking out so i can remove it if necessisary, which always did the trick for that problem. but i always still got that scrathing sound when the cable was hit near the input jack so i havent preformed with it ever. but i really wanna get it fixed.

so first i need help on soldering the cable back to the input, but i think its pretty self explanitory, just dont wanna do something and blow out my emg's cuz i didnt verify.

second, fixing the scrach sound.

or should i send the guitar back to ESP since its been messed up since the beginning?

i got it online from MusiciansFriend less than a year ago.

thanks for the help. =]

Spray a bit of contact cleaner into your pots, and give 'em a turn. If the sound comes back, replace the pots (most likely your volume pot) - you'll need a 25k log or A curve pot for volume.
Put a bit of toothpick and woodglue into the stripped holes, or use screws with a larger thread diameter.
Fixing your jack is easy - you'll need a 1/4" stereo jack (for switching the power on for your EMG's). Make sure you take a photo or write down which wire goes to which lug so you solder them back onto the new jack the right way.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
thank you so much, ill be sure to do the picture thing when i get to the soldering part. again thank you tons.
am ate all ur peanutbutterz!!!

me: had to mow the lawn...
fishy****187: lol mow my lawn
fishy****187: if you know what i mean
hahaha