Page 1 of 2
i do
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Not gonna lie, the Clash are really the only punk band that I listen to very much. Although I do enjoy a Ramones or Circle Jerks song once in a while.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
The Clash, I thought I was the only one that knew them! It's crazy, and so original, how they play like reggae, and like, it's so aggressive. It totally fucks shit up!!! I actually saw them a few nights ago, best. band. ever.
brnh.bandcamp.com
One of my favorite bands, quite frankly. That, and I consider them the best punk rock band ever to exist. I mean, the Ramones were excellent at what they did, and the Sex Pistols were awesome for what little material they put out......

But, The Clash were one of the few punk bands that survived the British punk movement, probably because they were more versatile than the other punks.

And they made some freakin' excellent music.
I have the UK version of their self titled album. Every song is great, especially their cover of Junior Murvin's "Police and Thieves".

I really really really hate the song London Calling though.

Also, I saw a 101ers album at a local record store, didn't get a look at what it was called, but it had a bunch of songs on it. Should I check it out?
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I've never heard of them. I'll have to check them out
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Wulver
One of my favorite bands, quite frankly. That, and I consider them the best punk rock band ever to exist. I mean, the Ramones were excellent at what they did, and the Sex Pistols were awesome for what little material they put out......

But, The Clash were one of the few punk bands that survived the British punk movement, probably because they were more versatile than the other punks.

And they made some freakin' excellent music.

Actually it's because they listened to the big record companies.

And since I'm a regular,

The Clash? Who?
Quote by sargasm
do the clashes have my space?

Of course not, they're totally punk rawkz.
brnh.bandcamp.com
No the clashes made one, I just added them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by IlikeTheSKA

Also, I saw a 101ers album at a local record store, didn't get a look at what it was called, but it had a bunch of songs on it. Should I check it out?

Elgin Avenue Breakdown? I have it, and I like it.

I love The Clash too.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
Best Punk band of all time
unless you count the jam
I always considered the Jam to be more of a Mod band.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
isn't "rock the casbah" a rip off of will smith's song "Will 2k"?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
hells yeah ive been a huge the clashes fan, iv'e been listening to them since 1992 and i've seen them six times since then
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
To threadstarter: Dude, do you still play bass? Can you play the Clash's basslines?
Quote by wallyguitar666
y r u guys always obsessed with old bands and not like newer punk like fallout boy and panic at the disco
Fallout Boy and Panic at the disoc are not punk

Is your sig long enough?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by J.A.R.
hells yeah ive been a huge the clashes fan, iv'e been listening to them since 1992 and i've seen them six times since then

I actually can't tell if this guy is serious or not
Quote by wallyguitar666
y r u guys always obsessed with old bands and not like newer punk like fallout boy and panic at the disco

joke??
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
eh....the last three albums included????
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by wallyguitar666

Quote by wallyguitar666

"Your're banished from the land!"
also shorten your F***ing sig and if you think Fall out boys punk I almost can't be mad I'm just full of pity that anyone could be so tone deaf.
Dont feed the troll guys.

I mean he's got made-up compliments from mods and admins in his signature.
Quote by mike2
eh....the last three albums included????
Yes, I love that stuff too. It's just diiferent
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by the glue man
I actually can't tell if this guy is serious or not

I wasn't serious I was just kidding like everyone else

And yeah I do like The Clash, i like their earlier stuff a lot more though

Quote by element4433
Yes, I love that stuff too. It's just diiferent

no, i hate that ****.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by J.A.R.
I wasn't serious I was just kidding like everyone else

And yeah I do like The Clash, i like their earlier stuff a lot more though

You should be an internet actor.

I gotta go watch All My Cicuits now
I don't agree with people who say the Clash's only good albums are their first 3.

I think Sandinista! is amazing. Sure there's alot of filler, but there are are also some really great/thought provoking songs on their.
You have to be open minded to enjoy it though cos' they pretty much cover every genre under the sun, but that's what I like about the Clash, they were open to new styles and not just slogging out the same old three chord song again and again.

Combat Rock is definitely not their best, but there are loads of great songs on there. I like them all apart from Sean Flynn, which is a bit dull.
idk sadinista is pretty bad. even the members of the band say the only reason they like the album is because they managed to record that many songs at one time, but they probably shouldve cut it down to one cd. the thing about their first three albums is they're their only punk albums. and london calling blurs the lines a bit and after that its really barely punk anymore.
Quote by the glue man
You should be an internet actor.

I gotta go watch All My Cicuits now

lol, i should it probally pays well

anyway back on topic thier best albums are the first one and London Calling

Page 1 of 2