http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-RFX120-Combo-Amp?sku=487824
for an amp (I might be able to get something better in the future, but for now that will do)

and this for a guitar, (I played it today, one word, amazing)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-VBlade-VBT700-Electric-Guitar?sku=512556

I just thought I'd ask what you guys thought of it? I played it and it sounds great in my opinion (mind you I know how to EQ) any experiences, anything I should watch out for?
That's a nice guitar. You could do lots better on the amp. A good used 30 watt tube combo will be louder and much better sounding.
I agree. And, always spend more on amp than the guitar. I'd choose which one you need more, and then get the other later.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by uldhppi
That's a nice guitar. You could do lots better on the amp. A good used 30 watt tube combo will be louder and much better sounding.

yeah I was thinking of going tube, but I dont want the hassle of buying extra pedals for it, since there's really not a high gain 30 Watt combo, the only one I can think of is the Mesa 5:25 express...and that's waaaaayy out of my price range.
I agree, good guitar one of my buddies actually just bought one actually. For the money, I'd go with a different amp personally but if you like that one then go for it.
The guitar is great for metal. The amp is amazing though. You actually get authentic tube sound. But make sure you know how to properly use your effects on the amp, and do not use it without the pedal board or else it's a pain to switch effects on/off and distortion on/off.
Quote by jonathanwest
I agree, good guitar one of my buddies actually just bought one actually. For the money, I'd go with a different amp personally but if you like that one then go for it.

well I'll be buying a Carvin V3 combo or an MTS Tube Combo later when I get a job, so this is the amp that will last me until the Carvin gets here, which should be.......6 or 7 months from now, and i really cant stand my amp right now.

^^: trust me I've tried that amp so many times, I know its a hassle to not use it without the footswitch, every time you turn the amp on, the effects turn on, and its a bit annoying to take em off, but I know how to EQ it to make it sounds really nice.
Quote by Eric 666
yeah I was thinking of going tube, but I dont want the hassle of buying extra pedals for it, since there's really not a high gain 30 Watt combo, the only one I can think of is the Mesa 5:25 express...and that's waaaaayy out of my price range.

It doesn't need to be 30 watts, check out the Peavey Windsors. You may find the 15 watter satisfying, but if not, check out the stack.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

definately look tube, or eventually youll be sorry about it.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
haha, Cort_noob helped me too. listen to em.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
guys, I'll be getting a tube amp eventually...this is just to replace my current amp, I have my eye on a Carvin V3 Combo or a Carvin MTS, but I'll have to get it when i get a job, because my mom wont buy $1K worth of gear right now lol.
Quote by Eric 666
well I'll be buying a Carvin V3 combo or an MTS Tube Combo later when I get a job, so this is the amp that will last me until the Carvin gets here, which should be.......6 or 7 months from now, and i really cant stand my amp right now.

^^: trust me I've tried that amp so many times, I know its a hassle to not use it without the footswitch, every time you turn the amp on, the effects turn on, and its a bit annoying to take em off, but I know how to EQ it to make it sounds really nice.

ah the Carvin V3. Gotcha. Well I say go for it then if that doesn't get to you, sounds like a good combo.
Quote by Eric 666
guys, I'll be getting a tube amp eventually...this is just to replace my current amp, I have my eye on a Carvin V3 Combo or a Carvin MTS, but I'll have to get it when i get a job, because my mom wont buy $1K worth of gear right now lol.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy in stepping stones, You'll end up spending more money in the long run. Just get an amp for now and save for the guitar. Or, get the guitar now and save up for an amp. It depends what you need more.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

yeah, ull end up with more of a loss in the long run if u buy stuff in steps.

and ur lucky ur mom is payin, lol.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by CORT noob
If I were you, I wouldn't buy in stepping stones, You'll end up spending more money in the long run. Just get an amp for now and save for the guitar. Or, get the guitar now and save up for an amp. It depends what you need more.

Now that I think about it, you're right, i should save up.....but for both though, since I need them equally to replace my ****ty setup (Epiphone Les Paul Junior and a Behringer 15W) so I'm kinda torn, but I think I'll save up though, thanks for the replies guys.
get a tube amp. end of story
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone