what would be the best pickups for me to put in my American Fender Jazz Bass? I want a good deep crisp tone. and i was thinking high output pickups.

-thanks
^deep and crisp??? thats... two contradicting adjectives for a bass guitar pickup response.

do you want a big fat bass response AND a clear treble response? that's just... a scooped tone...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Fender Noiseless like in the Deluxe Jazz or EMGs. It's more of a preference of what sound you want to achieve though.
Quote by ECistheBest
^deep and crisp??? thats... two contradicting adjectives for a bass guitar pickup response.

do you want a big fat bass response AND a clear treble response? that's just... a scooped tone...

srry i meant a deep tone but with clarity ,not like a sound thts deep but just sounds like a buzzing fart.
Lace Bass pickups are supposed to be amazing.

Active EMGs are awesome, Seymour Duncans aren't bad either.
basically im looking for a good deep tone for thrash metal type, i rally like the sound tht paolo gregolleto gets from trivium, so thts kinda some more detail for wat im lookin 4
you should first start by listening to actual "thrash". trivium sucks.

go order some Kreator and Sodom off amazon.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
you should first start by listening to actual "thrash". trivium sucks.

go order some Kreator and Sodom off amazon.

dude trivium sucks!?!?!? explain to me why trivium sucks
Last edited by MetalBass345 at Sep 2, 2007,
On one of his basses he uses Dimarzio pickups so I'd look into those.

EDIT: And both of those comments are pointless.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Can't go wrong with Seymour Duncans
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by aixelsydevahi
On one of his basses he uses Dimarzio pickups so I'd look into those.

EDIT: And both of those comments are pointless.

wat comments
Quote by MetalBass345
wat comments

Him saying Trivium sucks and your original response.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

There are other ways to get the tone you want aside from pick-ups, amps, cabs, and any effects make a huge difference as well.
It's been stated before, but EMG's are probably what your looking for. There series is deep (boomy) yet clear and cuts through.

Seymour Duncans are pretty nice, but if you can get the EMG's. Oh and why are you switching from the Fender American series stock pups? They're meant to be quite good versatile (Although, I see your point about how they may not fit so well into thrash metal)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I would recommend the Fender Hot Stack pickups, they give a clear tone with a lot of punch. Also, the Fender Noisless Pickups have a more vintage Jazz Bass sound so may not be right for thrash
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Quote by RadioMuse
Lace Bass pickups are supposed to be amazing.

Active EMGs are awesome, Seymour Duncans aren't bad either.

Fender Noiseless pickups actually replaced Lace Sensors. Laces are very old technology. Now, SCN's are the definition of deep and clear without being sterile. Mark my words: SCN's will eventually replace Noiseless like Noiseless replaced Lace Sensors.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..