Page 1 of 2
ok....dont know if this is the right category, but i do plan on getting acces.'s so...ive never been to GC's labor day sale and am wondering is it worth it to go? ive got $150, i just need some hints on what theyve had on sale previous years....i play an epi lp custom..any ideas on stuff that will be on sale that might improve my sound?
^for the sale, Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Pickups are $50 each. get a set of 'em. the Shure SM58s were $80 each too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Dude a Guitar Center sale is unbeatable. Basically get what you want. And if you want to upgrade from the Epi. I'd get a PRS SE Singlecut or SE Custom or SE Santana.
go.. i was there all day setting up for tomroo... lots of deals.. ernie ball strings are going to be $1.50 that right there is worth getting in for ...tons of other **** too..peace
^WTF ERNIE BALL STRING PACKS FOR $1.50??? really?

the 10 gauges??? the slinkies??? really??? r u serious??? i'm down.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
How much do you think they put it on sale for? I am lookin at buying anew guitar, a jackson hopefully (open for suggestions) if its like 500 bucks originally, how much would it end up buying tomorrow.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
takes like an hour to drive there from my house so meh...
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
^probably like $100 for decent ones, $200 for expensive ones, $50 for like... guitars under $400.

floor items maybe. im not sure yet. some of them were when i went an hour ago. i'm gonna go again in 12 hours.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
should be just tomorrow. but when i went an hour ago, they already had the prices up. i got to check them
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well those sound like pretty good deals....im just hoping to nail some awesome ones..

people said their List sale is a real good time to haggle since the managers are pressured for results...im hoping to haggle down an epi Lp or SG...i also have a duncan hot rodded set that i can take back ($130 + tax) if i need too, to go with my $150..

i rly need gold duncan covers so i can get their luthier to solder those and the duncans into my LP custom....

or a great deal on an amp
i always used to hit up guitar center sales and just buy assloads of strings just to be done for a chunk of the year.
ah damn, i had the money for my strat but my parents had to pay a few bills, i was hoping to be able to get a good price, guess not.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
yea we started merching the sell at about 5 today...lots of stuff is on sell somethings better then others cost HAS been lowerd on a lot of stuff like the strings... i didnt look at alot of guitar s mostly just the acc. stuff ..alot is getting blow out as this is basiclly like spring cleaning for a store...gett there early because the best stuff goes first... i know the nano pedals on are on sale about 40 bucks thats half price.. but any way.. going to bed have to be there at 7 to get my coffee..
anyone know about the microcubes? they said roland products...that's all i really want.
I might drop in to buy a new speaker cable, maybe I'll get a whole 99 cents off.

If not, no big deal.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I'm gonna go real early, get some strings.

I might buy a pickup or two, if I can get a sweat deal... I'm looking at Dimarzio PAF Classics or Air Zones for my ibanez S.

Hell, I might see what I can get on a Standard Strat.

+

This is all after you take into consideration that I've been buying every piece of gear I have from one guy at this GC, for as long as I've been playing. So I get some sweat deals anyways, coupled with the Labor day prices.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I loaded up on Elixir 10's for about $3.75 apiece (normally $10.99), I bought 5 packs and I'm regretting not just buying 10 sets, so I'd be good for a few years.

I also bought some of the opened cables which were 60% off - I got three Monster Cable guitar cables, 2 were 12 ft for $8 apiece, one was 21 ft for I think $11, and they still have the lifetime warranty on them.

I might sneak back there, now that I think about it...
i just got a nano small stone for $60, and they've got a whole bunch of stuff on sale
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Got 10 packs of 10 gauge ernie balls for $16.

i wanted to get the Clapton sig for $1200 though... or the Crate Palomino V16 for $300.

but i only had $40 on me...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
10?!
And I thought I bought alot of pack of strings (6)...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I got 10 packs of D'addario XL 10s for $9 and a second blues junior for $290.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
They had a Marshall DSL for $500 or less too... but I was WAY shot on cash too...

EDIT: Palominos went for really cheap...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by SRVStrat808
I got 10 packs of D'addario XL 10s for $9 and a second blues junior for $290.

yea??? our store didn't have anymore Blues Jrs.

palominos were $300 though...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah i played one and it was a piece of junk floor model that needed a new set of tubes and new pots and the speaker was garbage. They didnt have another one either...

Then i told the sales guy i'd pay the same thing for a blues junior and it worked out.

Now i just need a great AB box...
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by SRVStrat808
Yeah i played one and it was a piece of junk floor model that needed a new set of tubes and new pots and the speaker was garbage. They didnt have another one either...

Then i told the sales guy i'd pay the same thing for a blues junior and it worked out.

Now i just need a great AB box...

nice. i have a layout for an easy but no tone coloring AB box from fulltone. have you seen those? i'm planning to make na A/B/Y box like htat.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I got a Fender Deluxe Player's Strat, a hard-shell case, a 10 pack of D'addario 10's, and a few other goodies... all under $560.
Anybody know when the next holiday sale is gonna be?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^ uh, likely thanksgiving and xmas. post xmas sales rock, they want to clear out all of "old" **** so youll get great savings. im starting a little stash for it already.
i went to the memorial day sale a fw months ago and got some dollar strings and some pickcards for a dollar etc. pretty cool
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

how much were the standard strats going for?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
how much were the standard strats going for?

I think the lowest you could go was about $325...

probably around 350 for a burst.
Quote by Striketalonx
I think the lowest you could go was about $325...

probably around 350 for a burst.

**** i should've went in and got one.

EDIT: and how much do you think a used standard strat would go for, with no sale?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Page 1 of 2