Hey! what's up? my name is keegan. i play in a band called "Use As Directed" which ive posted about in the forums but thats not why im here today. i want people to check out a solo project ive got going. ive been working on it for the last couple months when i have some spare time.

www.myspace.com/keeganpowellmusic

if you dont want to listen to all of them. in order i would listen to.

1.this ones yours
2.marathon
3.ps i think i like you

thanks alot!
keegan
www.purevolume.com/useasdirected
ps I think I like you- the progression is pretty cool. It has a nice melody, drums sound a little flat though. There are also a few tiny timing issues but overall its good

this ones yours- This is really good man. And you are only 15? Are you singing too? Its pretty good. Not much I can crit here, theres a little bit of clipping happening, might just be myspace though.

marathon- starts a bit slow, but you have a pretty good sound goin. The drums once again sound flat, but its because they aren't real drums (don't think they are). Maybe get some more stuff goin in in here, like a melody by the guitar. Pretty cool. What software do you use? I'm likin your synths. They are midi synths yeh?

Reckon you could crit mine? That'd be great https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10389359#post10389359
hey thanks alot man. in this ones yours yaya i am singing(i sing in my band)

and yea in marathon and psithink i like you they arent real drums. i use garageband to record and some kinda of korg keyboard(has 1000's of snyths)
First, I think you're songwriting and melody writing abilities are very good for somebody as young as you are. Keep working hard and I think Use As Directed might just be the next big thing. And second thing, the recording quality is really awesome, where did you record this?

EDIT: Oh, saw that you use Garage Band. I never used that program though.
Gear:
Fender Diamond Anniversary Stratocaster
Washburn Dime V Pro
Peavy Bandit 112
Fender Frontman 15R

A few of my originals can be found at

www.bebo.com/artificial-reality
Last edited by poona at Sep 3, 2007,
Didn't you have a song called like "Contracting Polio"? or am i thinking of someone else?

I am gonna be very general as I don't have a lot of time. This One's Yours is awesome. Its a very nice poppy song. I wish I could write a happy song like that. The recording quality is also very good! In my opinion, your strength is obviously writing those upbeat poppy songs so I would stick to those if you can (I especially know how difficult it is)

Good job, im 15 too, ill have to put more of my stuff on here when I get done with it\

EDIT: also, I would change to song title of "PS I Think I Like You" it kinda sounds like that famous beatle tune "PS I Love You". I would just take the PS out of the title and it should be good
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

thanks SO much man. means alot. i recorded my solo stuff on a mac(garageband) and a korg keyboard. for use as directed we recorded at a really nice home studio.

peace dude.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
Didn't you have a song called like "Contracting Polio"? or am i thinking of someone else?

I am gonna be very general as I don't have a lot of time. This One's Yours is awesome. Its a very nice poppy song. I wish I could write a happy song like that. The recording quality is also very good! In my opinion, your strength is obviously writing those upbeat poppy songs so I would stick to those if you can (I especially know how difficult it is)

Good job, im 15 too, ill have to put more of my stuff on here when I get done with it\

EDIT: also, I would change to song title of "PS I Think I Like You" it kinda sounds like that famous beatle tune "PS I Love You". I would just take the PS out of the title and it should be good

haha! how do you know about contracting polio? that was one of the first songs we wrote together as a band. and thanks man. This One's Yours will actually be used as Use As Directed song for our next record.
Yea dude, I remember contracting polio and Use as Dirrected. I don't know how, probably because you were all like toddlers and that was impressive in itself. I think I actually like the solo stuff better though. I like your guitar tone a lot especially on This One's Yours. Check my profile if you're interested in criting an insturmental.
haha yea. contracting polio we did at age... umm.. it was 12/13 years old. thanks man. i used a really old american telecaster on this ones yours but i forget the year.