I just finished learnin the master of puppets solo a couple of days ago. i was wonderin if anyone nows a certain metalica/megadeth song that is par with master of pupets solo... i know set the world afire but the solos sound to hard..
think this is wrong forum :/
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Try the last solos of Seventh son of a seventh son by Iron Maiden

It's not metallica or megadeth but it's great nontheless
if you learned master of puppets, try one. it's so easy, that if you learned master of puppets, i think you'd be able to play the solo for one, because in my opinion, master of puppets was harder than one, so try that one out. you have to read the tab closely for one, especially with the solo, because there's tapping in there, and if you don't read it close, you'll think that you have to pull off from 19 to 15 to 12 repeatedly, when you just tap it and it's so easy. try it out, and i'll post if i think of any others.
No offense in any way at all dude, but I think you should start jamming with people instead of picking up solos of Metallica/Megadeath. I never really understood why people want to cover the same exact solo when it can be improvised if you are actually going to do a cover of it. You should utilize what you learned from Kirk Hammett's soloing style and implement it in your own music.
yea i looked at the one solo i can play all the tappin but the the only part i printed out.. yea it was really easy
all the maiden stuff i've heard didn't sound too hard, except for flight of icarus. wasted years is easy if you feel like playing that intro riff 20 times. it's not that hard, but your ears are ringing after you play it a few times (or at least mine are). wrathchild was pretty easy, i haven't gone into any maiden solos yet though, i'm still trying to master the main riffs. can i play with madness is probably one of maiden's easiest songs, and it's a great song too, i'm not sure why it's not as popular as some other maiden stuff, but the solo for that sounded easy, so check out some maiden stuff while you're at it. if you want megadeth, try sweating bullets, the solo is mainly descending scales. good luck!
Quote by joshmitchell34
yea i looked at the one solo i can play all the tappin but the the only part i printed out.. yea it was really easy

yeah,
Quote by FunkRocker321
No offense in any way at all dude, but I think you should start jamming with people instead of picking up solos of Metallica/Megadeath. I never really understood why people want to cover the same exact solo when it can be improvised if you are actually going to do a cover of it. You should utilize what you learned from Kirk Hammett's soloing style and implement it in your own music.

And how do you know that this isn't one of the fist solo's he's memorized and he's still learning to solo and improvise...

Try the solo from Seek and or Destroy it's probably about as hard as MOP.
Quote by joshmitchell34
how bout any other iron maiden songs.. i only know invaders(not the solo)

the maiden songs i know are:

intro to flight of icarus (very easy intro, 3 chords)
about 75% of wrathchild (no solo)
intro and some of verse to wasted years (intro is tremolo picking, all the notes are on the high e string)
very beginning of intro to can i play with madness (never went further, gotta learn more soon...)

that's all i have so far.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
And how do you know that this isn't one of the fist solo's he's memorized and he's still learning to solo and improvise...

Try the solo from Seek and or Destroy it's probably about as hard as MOP.

lol master of puppets abbreviated is MOP
i also learnin call of ktulu right now but i think im just gonna id somethin easy and go wid sweating bullets
lol i'm not sure if the MoP solo is as hard as some Necrophagist solos, but you should check them out none the less. Necrophagist

btw, have you learned the one solo? pretty close in difficulty to the MoP solo...
Quote by joshmitchell34
i also learnin call of ktulu right now but i think im just gonna id somethin easy and go wid sweating bullets

yeah, like i said before, sweating bullets is mostly descending scales. It's not really the speed as much as it is the memorization of when to palm mute and what string to go to. lol it's probably got one of the easiest verses ever. check out the powertab for it, and if you don't have powertab software, get it! it's REALLY useful for learning solos and fast riffs.
Quote by SomeDude49
lol i'm not sure if the MoP solo is as hard as some Necrophagist solos, but you should check them out none the less. Necrophagist

btw, have you learned the one solo? pretty close in difficulty to the MoP solo...

the MOP solo is only as hard as the one solo? i know most of the one solo, but i always thought that MOP would be harder because it was longer. guess i was wrong lol.