i just installed amplitube. and im using a 1/8th to 1/4th plug to plug my guitar into my mic line on my laptop. when amplitube starts i get major sound trouble. its a horrid sound. ive tried to fix it in audio options in amplitube but still a problem. ive tried this on my normal PC too and it has the same sound issues. heavily distorted weird sound i cant explain it. i have looked at FAQs but havent seen this problem
Same with mine...
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
ok i used another cable. still the same issue... wtf is the problem. it does it on laptop and normal computer. btw i have vista on both. laptop is 32 bit comp is 64 bit. im guessing its vistA?
Your latency settings are too strenuous on your pc. In my experience, when I try to get it to have too low an amount of latency, my pc can't handle it. When I use a USB interface, or external soundcard, I have no problems, integrated soundcards are probably the worst for recording.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Swat Man
^ my good computer has a Xtreme gamer card so its not onboard sound

How much ram?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

my specs are

intel Q6600
4gb ram
vista 64 bit *im guessing this might be problem not sure*
300 gb HD
xfi xtreme gamer sound card
nvidia 8800 gts
Quote by Swat Man
my specs are

intel Q6600
4gb ram
vista 64 bit *im guessing this might be problem not sure*
300 gb HD
xfi xtreme gamer sound card
nvidia 8800 gts

Vista 64 bit requires quite a bit of ram, but I think it's just vista in general, I don't know if they support amplitube 2 on vista yet. As for the laptop, what I said earlier is possible.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

but what is my desktops reason.. i know it requires quite a bit of ram. it requires atleast 1 gig. but i have 4..
Quote by Swat Man
but what is my desktops reason.. i know it requires quite a bit of ram. it requires atleast 1 gig. but i have 4..

I stand by my ram reasoning. My Vista Ultimate 64 system requires at least 2 gigs to keep everything running, and with 2 gigs left over, it might not be enough to keep up with Amplitube with lots of options turned on.. I'm not sure about your rig though. What's the processor clock?

My amplitube works fine, except I use an external soundcard. Are you plugging into the line in, or mic in?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

its a quad core. my sound card doesnt have a line in it just has a mic in. and i doubt 4gb is the reason. its defe an issue with 64 bit vista and sound drivers or something
Have you tried installing the ASIO4all drivers?
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Well I have a MacBook and my Amplitube sounds great even when I use the internal soundcard...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^this, but with guitarrig. our onboard soundcards are quite good though. yay.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Well, Macs are among the industry standard to audio work, not to say that PC's can't do it, but Macs, in my experience, don't do that well.

Using the mic in is not a good idea, it's not meant to be used for something like Amplitube.

If you check the "How to connect my guitar to my computer" in Amplitube, using the mic in has a big no-no on it. Its happened to me, you might have to decrease the gain of the mic input.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Swat Man
its a quad core. my sound card doesnt have a line in it just has a mic in.

well that might be your problem then. Guitar pickups, belive it or not, are actually quite a bit more powerful than the type of mics you plug into the mic jack on a PC. So i think the input level might be too high. Either find a line in port or try lowering the gain on your PCs volume controls.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Well, the asio4all would just help with latency.

You can find them with google. www.asio4all.com
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12