Yeah, I was thinking of buying a new electric guitar, since i haven't got one. I played acoustic, but whatever...

My guitar, i think, is gonna be Ibanez AX220QM.

I'm thinking of buying Vox Valvetronix AD15VT 15w to accompany the Ibanez. It seems pretty nice, but I'm not sure. Now, i turn to you guys.

Is it any good? Or should i buy a different amp? I listen to a7x, RHCP, muse, Radiohead, hope you get the idea.

Is it loud enough? I mean, yes, i think it should be loud enough for practice in my dorm, but would it be loud enough to disturb my neighbour? [Yeah, I'm evil! ] Juz kiddin... :p Would the wattage be enough for a gig with like a 100 people audience?

My budget is 200 USD, and shouldn't go more than that. Still, if there's anything that i really should buy, and it doesn't really go much above 200 USD, I think i might buy it.

Hopefully, that's enough information. I was really thinking of buying the Valvetronix AD30VT but that's a lot of money...

Thanks guys
The 15 is still an amazing buy. Go for it. I think it could do the gig well, but I'm not 100% sure.
push it up to the 30vt. Its about 200, and its alot better.
Your going to regret not getting the Vox AD30VT if you dont get it, I have one, it has like the regular vox features, the 15 has everything like ripped away from it.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
go to guitar center, and try it. I was just there today, and it's going to be my next amp. the 30 watt one is better though, it is light and compact enough to carry, yet loud as all hell. it also has a power knob so that you can get REAL tube overdrive at low volumes. its on the back of the 30 watt and larger ones.
could you get a 30watt used possibly? The 15 won't be loud enough IMO, but the 30 might just cut it. The 15 for sure won't be able to compete with drums.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
could you get a 30watt used possibly? The 15 won't be loud enough IMO, but the 30 might just cut it. The 15 for sure won't be able to compete with drums.

The 15 would be able to compete with the drums, but only near max volume, and since it dosent have a power adjusting knob in the back, it is probably going to jump in the master volume from 7 o'clock to 8 o'clock really loudly, like most fender amps.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I think the Vox is your best one for 200 bucks, but if I were you I'd save up for a Crate or a Vox Valvetronix amp that will give you enough power for a gig.
I recommend going for the 30 too if you can afford it as it has an attenuator control on the back which allows you to wind down the wattage to about .5w and run the master control at max.

Edit: Our posts crossed Vantage.
I have a VOX AD15VT and absolutely love it.

I think the Numetal setting has a good a7x sound which i like to play a bit (working on the bat country solo). It has a good generic rock distortion as well for anything from Led Zeppelin to Guns N' Roses to Jimi Hendrix. The clean settings are nice too especially with the chorus/reverb effect; it seems to give that "dreamy" vibe.

I'm pretty sure you could gig with it just fine since I'm going to...

Anywayzzzz... I think you should go for it, but if you feel you need the extra power you could go for the 30 watt version, although I don't think it really necessary. I've used both and think that 15 watts is just dandy.
Quote by Ancient Jello
I recommend going for the 30 too if you can afford it as it has an attenuator control on the back which allows you to wind down the wattage to about .5w and run the master control at max.

Edit: Our posts crossed Vantage.

The "TWEED 4x10" and "BLACK 4x12" amp models are nice for lush clean sounds.
Yeah, I considered buying a used AD30VT, but it's just that I didn't trust used item that much.

Is it fine to buy amps on ebay ?
Quote by KIDRoach
Yeah, I considered buying a used AD30VT, but it's just that I didn't trust used item that much.

Is it fine to buy amps on ebay ?

I sold a second hand AD30VT for $165. I definitely suggest you go with the bigger amp. Even if you have to shell out the extra money to but it new. It's the absolute minimum size you'd want for gigs, and you'll be looking to mic it up. And, as mentioned, it's got the atenuator on it so you can get better tone out of the 30 at lower volumes than you get out of the 15.

And yeah, eBay's safe. Only buy from sellers with a lot of feedback that's at or close to 100%. Read the ads carefully. Good sellers will tell you any issues the product might have up front. I've bought a few amps on eBay, and have done well every time.

Check your local Craig's List, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Erm... If I may ask, what's craig's list?

Edit : I juz googled the term...

Nah, nothing was around. Partially, because of the fact that I'm staying in a very small campus city...

I found one AD30VT too, 165 bucks, in ebay, which is a buy now. I haven't created any account yet though, so I can't buy it yet. Still considering.

btw, is the AD30VT in ebay yours?
Last edited by KIDRoach at Sep 3, 2007,
No, but that's funny that it's the same price I just mentoned! I sold mine via Craig's.

If you don't have an account yet, you may want to ask someone who does to buy it for you. A lot of sellers aren't thrilled with selling to people with zero feedback, either.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah, probably gonna do that.

Thanks Worst comes to worst, I'm gonna buy a new one
[Oh... that's a lot of money... ]
I bought my ad15vt off ebay for $106 and its like new. Just make sure that they seller has a good rating before you bid like 98%+
i would go with any buyer with 95% +, if they are a power seller than i'd let that drop to 90%, i mean lets face you do get some asses who always have something to moan about. less than 50 points though you really want to be over 95%
Quote by ericgentz
push it up to the 30vt. Its about 200, and its alot better.
Your going to regret not getting the Vox AD30VT if you dont get it, I have one, it has like the regular vox features, the 15 has everything like ripped away from it.

$200? now... why is a british amp manufacturer selling their products cheaper in america? wtf? that makes as much sense as 1+1=4598437534863294874396.

still, you should get the 30vt if you want a practice amp, it has more features than the ad15vt. If you want to use it for gigging get the ad50vt, its not a tube amp, so 30 watts with a 10" speaker might not quite be enough for gigging.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
$200? now... why is a british amp manufacturer selling their products cheaper in america? wtf? that makes as much sense as 1+1=4598437534863294874396.

i think the valvetronix series were manufactured in China.

although it wouldve been much more ogical if they were priced the same, unless they made some sort of sgreement with the US...
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Last edited by glaz31 at Sep 3, 2007,
Get a used 50vt. It's loud enough to do small gigs with and you can lower the wattage so you can run max volume without being loud.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by Blompcube

still, you should get the 30vt if you want a practice amp, it has more features than the ad15vt. If you want to use it for gigging get the ad50vt, its not a tube amp, so 30 watts with a 10" speaker might not quite be enough for gigging.

They're selling it at 240 USD online... It still ain't that cheap... But since i've never actually tried it, my mouth is shut..
the 30 is better than the 50, since the 50 is about a million pounds. I like the 30 bc I can lift it easily in 1 hand. I figure if you need over 30 watts, you might as well go 100 or get a stack.
I noticed that there is an XL line of these amps too, e.g. AD15VT-XL. What is different about these amps?
Quote by DarkDragon786
I noticed that there is an XL line of these amps too, e.g. AD15VT-XL. What is different about these amps?

They are aimed at more high gain music.
In what ways are they more aimed at high gain music? Are they the non XL plus more, making them more versatile, or are they more specifically aimed towards higher gain?