Hey. I am looking at buying a new guitar. My budget is around 500=600. USD
I was looking at getting this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239
I dont know if it is right. I played it, it sounded cool through the marshall I was using, they didn't have a vox ad30vt, and it was a good marshall, (JVM 410) so I am not sure if it was the guitar or the amp.
I play a lot of rock (Van halen, GNR, ACDC) and blues, (hendrix, clapton, stevie ray vaughn) and some metal (metallica, pantera) and if anyone ever listens to Bang Camaro, I love their tone. I was wondering if any0ne would suggest this or anything else. I ould always save up for more, my birthdays in november. Suggestions. I own a squier and a vox ad30vt, I want something that looks nice too.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
i know it can get you the rock or the metal.. not sure about the blues... and sorry no personal experience with any vox amp so sorry i cant say.
I own the Jackson DKMG, with active EMG's, i prefer those over the inactive HZ's
i got mine blemished for 600 usd from http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2910100
mine was basically just a tiny scratch towards the place that my strap hooks onto(i really have to show it to people for them to find it lol), it's like 730 new.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
oh and as for blues, my guitar isn't too bad for blues, i was at my guitar buddy's house and just with the clean channel on my amp+the neck pickup i made some sweet bluesy solo's
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp