Page 1 of 3
ok so for my b-day,im askin for $$$ so i want to buy either a ps3 or a xbox 360,i want a p3 because ive owned playstation's in the past and i rly just wanna have GH1,well and FF13,and free online play,but 360 has gears of war which my friend has and ive played,and halo 3,but the online isnt free but its cheaper than the ps3,then there games i want that come out for both,so im undecided what should i get?
I'm getting a 360 tomorrow.
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Pantera
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Helloween
im not gonna report you, cause im a nice guy, but this thread has been dont a million times. use the search bar.

and if you were thinking about the Wii, read my sig.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by Necrolust
Buy Ps4 or Xbox435

id rather do a barrell roll then put icy hot on my......cat
360, PS3 is good if you're a total cunt, and the Wii is good if you're a 43 year old parent looking for a disappointing Christmas present for your kid.

I'm sorry. Inner 360 fanboy.
666 BRO
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

and if you were thinking about the Wii, read my sig.

That's a very well thought out sig.

I'd go with the 360.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
360, really the only good game coming out for the ps3 imo is metal gear 4
Gear:
Jackson Js30 Warrior
Roland Cube 60
Esp ltd M-1000
^ MGS4, Uncharted, Lair, Killzone 2. I still hate those bastards although those games look good.
666 BRO
^ Well at least he's a 360 fan. I hope.

Quote by The Warlokk
Ps3

Isn't that a Gears of War avatar you have?
666 BRO
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZYnGMvgvG4

My friend replying to chad warden about this stuff.

lol thats me!!!!
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
Get a Wii with Metroid Prime 3. You won't be disappointed. Plus, in a couple of months, you have Gutiar Hero 3, Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl coming out. Get a Wii, you won;t regret it.

I hate the PS3, its overpriced and doesn't have any great exclusives. And for the 360, the heat sink on it is misplaced, so it will eventually overheat, unless you buy a special fan.

Get a Wii. Get a Wii. Get a Wii.

You won't regret it.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
well im into online gaming,and i suck at halo and GOW,but if i owned it i know i would get better but i wont be able to play online,like game wise 360 pwns but ps3 free online...and im buying the cheapest ps3 which is $450,or the cheapest 360 which is $350,soooo idk what im doing still,b/c i have a ps2 and im all into guitar hero and if i buy a ps3 im tradeing in all my games besodes my gh games,madden 08 and gta san andreas
Quote by guitar_freak333
Get a Wii with Metroid Prime 3. You won't be disappointed. Plus, in a couple of months, you have Gutiar Hero 3, Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl coming out. Get a Wii, you won;t regret it.

I hate the PS3, its overpriced and doesn't have any great exclusives. And for the 360, the heat sink on it is misplaced, so it will eventually overheat, unless you buy a special fan.

Get a Wii. Get a Wii. Get a Wii.

You won't regret it.

not a fan of metroid but i got a point,but the controller in my opinion is a little wack,well actually no i havnt played it yet so idk it just looks confuseing
^ +1 Sure it's innovative, but come on who wants to use that thing for every damn game. CoD is so crappy with that WiiMote.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
^ MGS4, Uncharted, Lair, Killzone 2. I still hate those bastards although those games look good.

LittleBigPlanet
Afrika
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Rise of Man
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
360 for now, then save up for the PS3, by which time it'll be cheaper and have a better game selection.

That's what I'm doing.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
360 for now, then save up for the PS3, by which time it'll be cheaper and have a better game selection.

That's what I'm doing.

Don't spout logic and level-headed thinking here. It's obscene.

Right now though, in all seriousness, the Wii.
Quote by Kensai

PS3. Blue ray will win. PS3 is dead silent. Free online play, the online play is great, too. Warhawk is ill, and comes with a sweet bluetooth headset. It's getting so many great games this year. If you can still get the 60 gig one, it's 500, but they're running out cause sony upped it to 80. It can run at 190 degrees F, or 0 degrees. Sixaxis rocks.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by ThousandEyes
Don't spout logic and level-headed thinking here. It's obscene.

Right now though, in all seriousness, the Wii.

Some people prefer sweet graphics and more... mature kind of games. I'm not saying the wii is all about mario, but you know what i mean. Aaannddd I've played both, and I think the sixaxis controller kills the 'wiimote'
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Kankuro
^ BluRay = Fail, we already have HDDVD.

Lol, never seen a BluRay movie have you?

I have a 64 inch HD TV, and the change is significant. BluRay player, not a PS3.

A Table Comparing the High-definition Optical Media Formats
DVD included for comparison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BluRay

Read the bit near the bottom. The BluRay is absolutely superior in all aspects, except three (and possibly four if you consider hardcoating bad).
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by ThousandEyes at Sep 3, 2007,
Man I posted completely valid facts. I see how that can be hilarious. Continue with that blind fanboyism though.
Quote by Kensai

Power Glove FTW.

As said by the faithful Lucas, "I love the Power Glove. It's so bad."
Well my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play.
Quote by Kankuro
^ BluRay = Fail, we already have HDDVD.

HD-DVD has been dropped by a number of leading stores in the UK at least, simply because it's not competing. Last time i checked, becuse of the PS3s influence, Blu-Ray players were outselling HD-DVD players 15 to 1.

And to be honest, the 360 has better games right now, but if you don't want to be constantly swapping it or worrying when its going to do the inevetable and have a DVD drive, Hard drive or heatsink failure, i would get a PS3.

To be quite honest, most of the arguments that 360 fanboys bring against it haven't been true for a long time, but one this that is true is that it still has a hefty price tag (although IMO its well worth the money for what you get, since to get everything for the Xbox to bring it up to par would cost at least the same, if not more).

Try both out at your local gaming store if you can, and see what you think. Its your money after all.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Wii is pretty cool. I'm planning to get one pretty soon once I finally get off my ass and order my rig. ANd I'll probably wait until brawl comes out so I can get a bundle pack. The 360 also looks very tempting, plenty of decent games out already and several more to come in the not-too-distant future.

The PS3 though, it's just too expensive to ever be a contender for me. What does it do? What incredible games warrant the enormous price tag? I've often asked myself this. I've got to the point where AMAZING GRAPHICS are just boring to me. Graphics are the last thing on my mind when I go to buy a game, and I'm sick of developers and fellow gamers telling me different.

Though saying all this, I haven't really played a good video game in over two years, so my opinion is probably pretty dated.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Wii is pretty cool. I'm planning to get one pretty soon once I finally get off my ass and order my rig. ANd I'll probably wait until brawl comes out so I can get a bundle pack. several more to come in the not-too-distant future.

The PS3.

Though saying all this, I haven't really played a good video game in over two years, so my opinion is probably pretty dated.

Just look at LittleBigPlanet and tell me that game will not be an instant classic in the lane of Mario or Sonic.

When that game comes out is when I'll have a PS3.
Quote by Kensai

i have a ps3 and its okay. the game selection sucks though but in a few months there will be loads of amazing games coming out. its good though, i deffinitely prefer it to a 360. my friend has the xbox and it didnt do anythng for me, i thought it was just a better ps2 as opposed to a next generation games console.

my brother has a wii, its okay. the games on it are fun and when you have people around, its the best console out there by miles. on your own though, it isnt as good.
It's very hard to choose between the 360 and PS3 now, things are finally getting started, they're really toe to toe now.

The Wii long fell behind. The ****ty gimmick console with a controller that gets boring and annoying after 10 minutes, the same old recycled Nintendo games, piles of casual gaming **** and no third party support.

The Wii is like videogaming's MTV, it's good if you're ok with a quick and cheap fix of gaming.
As much as I come across as a raging Sony fanboy (was raised on it, what can I say), I hate to be labelled as that.

I do dig the Xbox, it's a faulty piece of **** hardware, but it has some nice games. Bioshock, Dead Rising (Level 50, beat Brock, still playing it. Killing zombies has never kicked so much ass), Gears of War is great. Lost Planet, eh, I always saw it as a pretty blatant rip-off of Zone of the Enders.
Quote by Kensai

Ps3

Nuff said
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

you see, here is the problem

wii- new controll system but with limited games

ps3- looks and plays like a dream but is amazingly overpriced

360- looks ok on paper, but is likely to over heat. i am of course talking, ABOUT THE RED RING OF DEATH!

so each one has pro's and cons. me, i would like to get a 360 at some point but i have no regrets about buying the wii
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Quote by And2001PT
It's very hard to choose between the 360 and PS3 now, things are finally getting started, they're really toe to toe now.

The Wii long fell behind. The ****ty gimmick console with a controller that gets boring and annoying after 10 minutes, the same old recycled Nintendo games, piles of casual gaming **** and no third party support.

The Wii is like videogaming's MTV, it's good if you're ok with a quick and cheap fix of gaming.

I don't know, I don't exactly see what the 360 and the PS3 are doing that's any different from the previous generation. That, to me, is boring.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Page 1 of 3