Jesus christ, what is with all the STUPID emo band names?
Spy vs. Spy?
Boys like Girls?
Chiodos?
The Get Up Kids?
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus?
Neutral Milk Hotel?

Can anyone tell me what the **** is up with stupid names being the trend these days?

In any genre i have never seen worse names, i think modern day hardcore has better names than you guys.
really though iu would like some sort of clue how you get yor band names?
Neutral Milk Hotel are not emo. Their lyrics can be emotional, but they don't really fit in with the teeny-bopper "emo" scene.
But I think the "emo" scene in general is stupid and superficial. The musicians care more about their hair than their music.
as old and unoriginal as knockin on emo is, dude's got a point...but i think bands in any genre these days are running out of ideas for names
Quote by lawlz4life
Neutral Milk Hotel are not emo. Their lyrics can be emotional, but they don't really fit in with the teeny-bopper "emo" scene.
But I think the "emo" scene in general is stupid and superficial. The musicians care more about their hair than their music.

hell yeah i agree, the modern hair metal. except alot worse. i think its a government experiment on how vunerable the modern youth is these days and anyone who fell into the whole emo/scremo **** is going to die. jk lol. its all really generic everything about it is a trend, the hair, the stupid band names, alot of stupid long song titles, and the mindless screaming.

plz hack my ears off.
well...spy vs. spy is obviously from mad magazine/tv. chiodos is from the chiodos brothers. they directed killer clowns from outerspace. as for the other names, i dunno...originality? and you must not listen to much metal, if those are the stupidest band names you've seen. job for a cowboy? goat*****? korn? limp bizkit? haha ok...maybe i'm kidding about those last two being metal.
i herd of job for a cow boy, i unfortunatly heard of limp bizkit and korn. sure every genre has its downsides, but this whole emo/screamo stuff is all a downside
Quote by robbyalexander
as old and unoriginal as knockin on emo is, dude's got a point...but i think bands in any genre these days are running out of ideas for names

Yeah, it's too hard to come up with an original band name that makes sence. I was in a band called Antena Burn, that actualy made sence because we voted on favorite songs and took half of two names. I actualy can't remember where antena came from but the other song was Sunburn by Muse. We had another name at one point too, Gun club road (name of the road by the NRA).
The one I hate is "Boy Kill Boy.." I don't know what genre they're in, I haven't heard their music, but the ****ing band name is retarded...
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
This will be closed when I wake up tommarrow. Bets?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
with 50 years of rock and roll comes 50 years of band names. copyrights idiot. band's need to get creative.

and im confused as to why "Boys Like Girls" is a weird name. for the most part, that's how it is. Boys do like girls.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by aperfectshot176
hell yeah i agree, the modern hair metal. except alot worse. i think its a government experiment on how vunerable the modern youth is these days and anyone who fell into the whole emo/scremo **** is going to die. jk lol. its all really generic everything about it is a trend, the hair, the stupid band names, alot of stupid long song titles, and the mindless screaming.

plz hack my ears off.

Coming into the EMO forum and starting a thread was a bad idea.

Leave, just leave.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Sep 3, 2007,
I don't know who most of you are, but I do know that you all need to go outside, get some fresh air, and calm yourselves down.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?