hey i just "obtained" a copy of ableton live 5.2, its really cool. but it doesn't really have much to offer as far as differant virtual instruments and such "out of the box". so i was wondering... what would be some good plug-in's to look into?
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
Look into Reason 3. Amazing virtual synth/drum/etc rack.

Other than that there are VST synths, like ImpOSCar, Native Instruments makes a few, just search for "VST Synth" or "Soft Synth" on google, you can probably find some free ones. "Crystal" is a free VST synth that is pretty damn good.
Quote by mat3305
hey i just "obtained" a copy of ableton live 5.2, its really cool. but it doesn't really have much to offer as far as differant virtual instruments and such "out of the box". so i was wondering... what would be some good plug-in's to look into?

look again. if you cant find the right tools in ableton, you arent doing it right. you can use vst's but why bother. there are synths and samplers and some of the best thought out fx i have seen in a package for a while. maybe read the manual?

i recommend the beat repeat. thats a real bundle of fun. can be quite random til you play a bit but what a top effect.
Last edited by deadlydunc at Sep 3, 2007,
If you're thinking of recording "dry" guitar signals and need a amp simulator you might try Free Amp 2. It's not nearly as good as Amplitude or Guitar Rig, but you can get some decent sounds out of it.

BTW, I'm not sure the link above is official, but that's were I found it. You can always google it to find other sites.
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7