Page 1 of 2
Why did "Me First and The Gimmie Gimmies" think they had the right to cover Stairway to Heaven. Their version sucks. what songs do you think should have not been covered.
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

I personally don't care. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You didn't ****ing write the song, what right do you have to say who can cover it?
Quote by revolutionplz
I personally don't care. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. You didn't ****ing write the song, what right do you have to say who can cover it?

+1
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
god I hate people like TS who think their favourite music is bleeding sacred. Actually after reading his sig the threadsarter appears even more of a close minded music elitist.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
I disagree, doesn't even really matter if you like Stairway or not..

you just don't cover it man..
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
yea, poor musicians can attempt to slaughter any song they want to, but the only thing they'll be slaughtering is themselves

the grammar on that sentence is bothering me, help!

on the other hand, i like the sig about rap
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Just about any songs made in recent years should not be covered. I have heard them enough.
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by Dragforce92
Why did "Me First and The Gimmie Gimmies" think they had the right to cover Stairway to Heaven. Their version sucks. what songs do you think should have not been covered.

Cover band in song cover shocker
i think this whole **** about some songs being sacred and uncoverable is freakin pointless
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Wow. I got this dip**** to put icy-hot on his dick. I completely forgot about this.
What a good thread.
Quote by Dragforce92

Any band can put do their own interpretation of any song they want, whether or not you happen to enjoy it. What gives you the right to say what band can cover another?
Who cares? Any band can cover whatever they want, though I'll say overplayed songs, obviously can be annoying.
I think artists should have the right to do anything they want, it's their own interpretation. But for ****s sake, Reel Big Fish - Take On Me.. GTFO
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by guitarist_with_
I think artists should have the right to do anything they want, it's their own interpretation. But for ****s sake, Reel Big Fish - Take On Me.. GTFO

Try to find find Cap'n Jazz's version of Take On Me. They make that song awesome.
Afternoon delight.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Imo, 3 songs should never be covered...

These songs are...

Stairway
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Another Brick in the Wall

They are just sooooo overdone
Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like Led Zep?

I don't like the Beatles either.

I'm pretty sure I'm some kind of mutant

Edit: That's not to say I don't respect either band for their ability/what they did for music, but I just don't enjoy listening to them at all.
Last edited by Minkaro at Sep 3, 2007,
Sometimes covers surpass the original examples being
i fought the law and all along the watchtower
Quote by Minkaro

YOU ARE TO BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Bohemian Rhapsody is off limits imo.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Draken

Yeah, in rare cases. However, in many cases, it just ends up like the Fall Out Boy cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'.

(Sorry for mentioning that.)
Quote by European Son
Yeah, in rare cases. However, in many cases, it just ends up like the Fall Out Boy cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'.

(Sorry for mentioning that.)

no...no....no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote by Dragforce92

Me First And The Gimmie Gimmies > you

and I'd like to add Social Distortions version of Ring of Fire to the list of covers that are better than the original.
Quote by Jimmyyoung
I disagree, doesn't even really matter if you like Stairway or not..

you just don't cover it man..

You say that but i am 100% convinced that if you heard Heart's Cover Of The Song you would change your mind.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Minkaro

Edit: That's not to say I don't respect either band for their ability/what they did for music, but I just don't enjoy listening to them at all.

funny my brother hates Led Zep but I love them, and he loves the beatles, but i hate them.
Quote by Butters

Quote by Towelie

Quote by Randall

I thought this was going to be about ridiculously hard songs to cover well.

Like The antipop by primus - to get it to the level of perfection as the album is really hard.
Quote by Dragforce92
funny my brother hates Led Zep but I love them, and he loves the beatles, but i hate them.

I think I prefer your brother.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Actually Im really glad a guy who calls himself a fag wants my brother and not me
Quote by Butters

Quote by Towelie

Quote by Randall

I know! Ewww, gays, right!?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I'm all for people covering songs, but for some reason I don't like it when people cover Pantera. Although Pantera did some bitchin covers (Cat Scratch Fever, Planet Caravan, Hole In The Sky). If someone has a Pantera cover that's good though I'd be open to hearing it.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Cover whatever you want, it should be your choice, people may be very upset with you, but you have to take that risk. I don't nessecarily like it when people cover Stairway, because I try not to either, sometimes it pains me not to play it, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Quote by Draken

And, IMO, "Remember Tomorrow"- Opeth, an Iron Maiden cover.

And it's not because of me being a fan of Opeth, it's just a better version, IMO.

And I think that if you want to cover a song, cover it. I don't care if the song is "sacred", or if you think it sucks, it's not your place to make that decision.

Play what you want to play, and be happy with it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Minkaro

NO. I cant Stand them, i just find their music so boring to listen to i honestly cant see why people idolise them. bit like Tool who i despise but i can manage to listen to when stoned. maybe you have to listen to Lez stoned. I don't really wanna take the risk
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

I'm not a big zep fan either. I thought I was the only one.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
I'm not too keen on Down By law's version of I'm Gonna Be(500 miles).
But if it makes them happy, let them do it. I don't have to listen.
how do you all not like Zeppelin... and btw, stairway is not the only cover i dont like, theres also radar love by white lion originally golden earring, also theresturn the page by metallica. ttp is alright by metallica but should not have been messed with.
Quote by Butters

Quote by Towelie

Quote by Randall

Page 1 of 2