I've never heard any good things about B.C rich, other than "dude that guitar looks sweet!"- by one of my random friends who thought all guitars were the same.
I played one at Guitar center once and i was like.."i wouldn't play this in my band if you gave it to me for free!"
It's mostly due to: cheap wood:agathis and Basswood,
Cheap pickups(haven't tried their more expensive versions), also i've heard it's a fairly heavy guitar, and many other bad things.

So basically, is this more expensive b.c rich still stink? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-WMD-Warbeast-Electric-Guitar?sku=512689

I'll never buy a b.c rich, simply because i'm happy with my jackson which i bought 2 weeks ago. But would you reccomend ANY price-range of the B.C rich company?
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
I have never played a B.C. rich and liked it except for those that are custom made.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Those $200 B.C. Rich Warlocks are great for the price and are in my opinion the best of the "starter" pack guitars. Squier, the starter pack Ibanez and Dean, etc. And for the more experienced musician B.C. Rich has some famous mockingbirds that even Slash used to use once a blue moon. And one more example would be Kerry King's super tight tone on the South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss records was achieved through a Marshall stack and B.C. Flying V. So long story short, yes there are better guitars...but their are also much worse. Chances are a solid B.C. Rich wouldnt dissapoint. But then again its all opinion.
bc rich = suck
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
They're custom shop is quite good, but anything under 3K I would never get.

And just because basswood is cheap doesn't mean its bad. Water is cheap too, but its still a great thing to have!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i think the only good B.C. Rich were the ones from the 80s
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I've only played one B.C. Rich, it was the warlock with the spider web thing on it, and I quite liked it, probably wouldn't buy it but I thought it was much better than people make it out to be..
ive HEARD that the earlier BC Rich's were actually pretty good
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Most people here have never played a BC Rich guitar.

Especially this guy:
Quote by TimmyTrainwreck
bc rich = suck

BC Rich have been getting better in recent years. Look at the specs of that one:
Mahogany Body, Neck Thru, Rockfield Pickups, and an OFR. Spec wise, you won't find much better for the price.

cheap BC Rich guitars suck as bad as you would expect a cheap guitar to. But once you get to the top end of the price range ($500+) they're not that bad.
I own a BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge. its that one special guitar that actually sounds pretty good. i was surprised when i played it and decided to get it. still using it after 6 months.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
only a real **** actually says that all b.c.rich guitars suck. Have you seen their line up this year? they are awesome deals. agathis isn't that bad(its not wonderufl, but its a cheaper alternative to alder).
Its just because every idiot on this forum has tried a bronze series or something along those lines and thinks that the whole brand is like that. You don't need a custom shop to get a good b.c.rich, as long as you avoid the lowest ones, you actually get a good guitar.

Its just that when guitarists start out, people fill their head with **** and they go on believing that forever
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
i have a B.C. rich.It is very heavy for a guitar but it looks sweet cuz mine you can see through it.It wasnt cheap and it has good pick-ups.i like it.if u buy a cheap version i would see y u would hate it.
^Isn't agathis actually closer to mahogany than alder?
I don't see the need in BC Rich. Probably half of what your paying for is going into the "the pointyness off my guitar = size of my dick" fund. You could pick up something much better for much cheaper. Fine if that's what your into, but you know, don't expect anything amazing, you coulda got a better deal with an Ibanez or Washburn. As for the bronze series; well to a newbie, it looks cool, and it isn't going to fall apart if you touch it. You could do worse, but again, you could do better.
Saying all that i'd love a neckthrough mockingbird. Yum.
Quote by Doodleface
They're custom shop is quite good, but anything under 3K I would never get.

And just because basswood is cheap doesn't mean its bad. Water is cheap too, but its still a great thing to have!

+1

Cheap BC Rich = Bad
Basswood = Good

Water isn't exactly cheap. A 500mL bottle of water from a vending machine here is like $1.50. Gas is usually $0.90-$1.00 for a full liter (1000mL).
My Gear:
Cort X-9 w/ Super Distortion+Air Norton, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat
Line 6 Pod 2.0, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Peavy Rage 158
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1 Wah
And at amusement parks, they only have 2 water fountains in the whole freaking place, and the water there is like 3 bucks for a 20 oz bottle.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by beckyjc
^Isn't agathis actually closer to mahogany than alder?
I don't see the need in BC Rich. Probably half of what your paying for is going into the "the pointyness off my guitar = size of my dick" fund. You could pick up something much better for much cheaper. Fine if that's what your into, but you know, don't expect anything amazing, you coulda got a better deal with an Ibanez or Washburn. As for the bronze series; well to a newbie, it looks cool, and it isn't going to fall apart if you touch it. You could do worse, but again, you could do better.
Saying all that i'd love a neckthrough mockingbird. Yum.

as far as i know, agathis is likened more to alder, but I haven't seen/can't do a side by side test.

Generally, agathis=eastern alder, nato=eastern mahogany, Both are cheaper than their western equivalent but have similiar sonic properties. Again, this isn't exact, because I've never seen or done a side by side test(same pickups, woods, necks, bodies etc...)

and as for the 2007 range b.c.rich model, they are actually a pretty good deal. you get OFRs and neck-through's on even the cheaper guitars.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I tried a Kerry King V the other day, $456 version. It had a great feel to the neck and a great action. Tonewise, it was OK at best, the neck heel was huge, and the tremolo didn't really hold tuning.

With a better heel, new pickups, and a LFR it would have been a great guitar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
http://www.bothner.co.za/articles/bodywoods.shtml
Most sites on google have said it is so. Of course thats jsut google. Not the fountain of 100% accurate knowledge.
It's denser and tends to be heavier than alder, at least on all the occasion ive compared agathis to alder. Well not actually doing that but picked up an agathis guitar then went back to my jag.
Quote by beckyjc
http://www.bothner.co.za/articles/bodywoods.shtml
Most sites on google have said it is so. Of course thats jsut google. Not the fountain of 100% accurate knowledge.
It's denser and tends to be heavier than alder, at least on all the occasion ive compared agathis to alder. Well not actually doing that but picked up an agathis guitar then went back to my jag.

yeah, i've seen that link as well...
but from people who have tried a lot of woods, i hear its more aldery. IMO its a little darker sounding, but I can't tell if its the pickup difference between my 7 string kramer and my 6 string warlock.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
low end bc riches = horrible suck.
high end bc rich = pretty good.

not speaking from experience here, though. ive seen pics of custom shop work, though, and it's amazing.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.