17 33%
Ibanez Mick Thompson Signature
1 2%
Schecter C1FR Hellraiser
26 50%
Schecter Synyster Custom
2 4%
Voters: 52.
K so i got some money and i want to buy a new good guitar with it. Ive picked out a few that i like which one do you guys think is the best one for a metal style. Also for the Ibanez Xiphos where can you but it and how much does it cost in canada, not the US. Leave you opinion on each guitar and comment on then thanks.

1. Dean Razorback Explosion

2. Ibanex Xiphos (Red)

3. Schecter Synyster Custom

4. Schecter C1FR Helllraiser Diamond series (Black Cherry)

5. Ibanez Mick Thompson Signature guitar

6. Ibanez RG1570MR

Price of Ibanez Xiphos = _______$CDN ??
Pls especially help witht that someone.
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
the xiphos would be around 680 CAD, but it has an edge III bridge on it, and ive heard of alot of problems with it. same goes for the dean. its a really nice guitar, but it has an LFR on it, not the OFR. The schecter synyster custom is good, it has good pickups and a good trem system (OFR). same goes for the c1fr. im not too sure about the other two ibanez guitars though.

it seems that you really want a guitar with a whammy bar. go with either of the two schecters. but if you dont really need the whammy, i suggest an ibanez vbt700, or a schecter c1 hellraiser.
Quote by jetfuel495
the xiphos would be around 680 CAD, but it has an edge III bridge on it, and ive heard of alot of problems with it. same goes for the dean. its a really nice guitar, but it has an LFR on it, not the OFR. The schecter synyster custom is good, it has good pickups and a good trem system (OFR). same goes for the c1fr. im not too sure about the other two ibanez guitars though.

it seems that you really want a guitar with a whammy bar. go with either of the two schecters. but if you dont really need the whammy, i suggest an ibanez vbt700, or a schecter c1 hellraiser.
The RG1570 has a better Trem than every other guitar there. Plus its a Prestige and its MIJ.
I haven't seen the Xiphos sold over the counter yet, but when it goes to the stores here, I imagine the price will be like an RGT42 plus some more. So about CAD950.

Hellraiser FR is about 1100. Both sigs are junk at their price points.

In the end, the 1570 is obviously ( ) the best choice, not to mention probably the least expensive. Comes with a case too. Mmm.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i said the Mick Thomsom signature. mainly because it looks cool.. but mahogany bodied RG with EMGs? ooooh very nice. shame about the inlays.
hmmm so now im thinking the hellraiser, xiphos, or RG1570
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Personally I'd say the RG1570, its only the pickups that are inferior to some of the other guitars.
The Schecter C1 would also be a good option. You would probably feel a difference between the RG1570 and Hellraiser meaning it would come down to personal taste. The Ibanez is probably better if you're a shredder whereas the C-1 is a nice guitar for some heavy riffing.
The RG1570 is hands down the best guitar on the list, even though the Schecter is winning.
But.
You don't need a new guitar right now. You need a new amp, as yours is shit, while your guitar is decent.
XD yah... i know but for right now, i gotta get a sweet guitar cause im taking it to school, my school has freggin sweet mesa dual rectifier amps so thats why im on the guitar not the amp.
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
im interested in the xiphos..anyone played it? its got an edge lll but muhammed plays it! and he is hella good
Quote by LSC300
im interested in the xiphos..anyone played it? its got an edge lll but muhammed plays it! and he is hella good
Oh no, he don't play it. He plays a guitar of the same shape and colour, made in the LA Custom Shop, which Ibanez runs exclusively for endorsers. It don't got no Edge III on it, I'm sure.

The Xiphos which common mortals are buying is an Indonesian guitar for a price of at least a high-end Korean offering...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
razorbacks kick ass
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
sorry i didnt mean to "Hijack" the thread i was just curious, more or less trying to help the TS unless you look at things glass empty
Thanks guys have u seen the razorback DB whats you opins on that guitar
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
The RG is still better.
Also, check out this guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964
I played this and an RG Prestige side-by-side the other day, and I was far more impressed with this. Plus the trem is better.
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']Thanks guys have u seen the razorback DB whats you opins on that guitar

It has an LFR, 22frets, and an akward body.

The Xiphos has 24 frets, and a crappy trem. If you're willing to spend $600 for the Xiphos shape and even more willing to spend $180 for an OFR then more power to ya.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Honestly, don't get the Xiphos, its got a bad trem, which you WILL end up having problems with.

I'd go with the 1570, hellraiser or the razorback. My friend has a 1570, its got a nice, slick, skinny neck. You may have to change the pickups, because apparently the stock ones aren't amazing.

The hellraiser has a thicker neck, but better pickups i find. The bridges are both excellent.

Razorback, not too sure, but it should be great.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore