I am having trouble with this one. My friends and I want to create a psychedelic, futuristic type of sounding album, but I can't seem to grasp, in terms of playing, on how to create a mood/feel to my playing. I know this may sound like a hard question to answer, I would appreciate any help. Any help like playing style, scales, influences. Any thing to help me overcome my problem, thanks.
My Rig:
Amp:Randall RG75DG3 75 watt
Guitar: Maroon Fender Stratocaster, Mexican made
Pedal: GCB-95F Classic Wah Pedal
Pedal: Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Pedal: DOD VFX66 Flashback Fuzz Pedal
Pedal: Digitech rp300r Multi-Effects Pedal
You listen to your inspirational bands a lot, and get ideas. Then when you go to play, you'll start playing what sounds right to you. Take it one step at a time.
This mightn't help much, but when I write stuff I usually just have an idea that I've come up with improvising or however else without really thinking about it too much, then I figure out what mood it represents, then work on it and expand it to fit that mood.
I usually find having the mood or even song name made before the song itself doesn't work that well.

A futuristic feel? Hmm... Constant 16th note melodies with tonnes of reverb and chorus.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
learn modes?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
futuristic? try a bunch of effects like chorus, flanger, and phaser. not all at once.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

I don't know about effects, but. Use minors, and especially augmented chords. If not them, then use sharp fives.
"The end result - the music - is all that counts"