hey guys im having a really hard time deciding on a new amp. ive got about $700 and decided its time to upgrade. personally im thinking about getting either a peavey classic 30 or getting an epi valve jr. with a nice 2x12 cab.

id really like to get some opinions on what you guys think. oh and i play everything from warm and bluesy to pantera-like metal.
i would buy the Peavey classic 30 head with a nice cabinet (2x12 or 4x12)
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
valve junior with an extension cabinet.

its quiet enough to give proper overdriven valve distortion at bedroom volume levels and if you gig with it you just have to mic it up. you can make a quiet amp louder but you cant make a loud amp quieter and still get the tone.

also if you search a certain popular auction site there are people selling modded ones which have the inherrant hum taken away and they are still a reasonable price.

my 2 cents.

d
i say peavey delta blues
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Used Mesa/Boogie amp, preferably a Nomad, Mark III, or F series. You could also do a used Peavey XXX 2x12 combo, which will have a lot of brightness, although they're almost specifically for metal and aren't very "versatile" IMO. A used Marshall JCM 900 is also another consideration.

Basically, with $700 to spend, you can get an ok amp new that will be a one trick pony most likely, or you can get a better amp used.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Used Mesa/Boogie amp, preferably a Nomad, Mark III, or F series. You could also do a used Peavey XXX 2x12 combo, which will have a lot of brightness, although they're almost specifically for metal and aren't very "versatile" IMO. A used Marshall JCM 900 is also another consideration.

Basically, with $700 to spend, you can get an ok amp new that will be a one trick pony most likely, or you can get a better amp used.

Mesa F-50 combo FTW!

You might want to check out a Line 6 Flextone III, or B-52 AT100 combo as well. Both of which can be found at most guitar centers.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Sep 3, 2007,
thanks for the opinions guys. keep em coming. im going to try out some of your guys suggestions tomorow.