im looking at getting a new amp sometime in the next few months so thought id ask around here get peoples opinions as im not really too sure what to get. I want to get a stack but not sure where to start. I play mainly metal but dont want to be restricted to only playing that style of music. Stuff i play: Trivium, Children of Bodom, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Gary moore, Eric Clapton, Deep purple etc. I am also getting a new guitar in a few months which will either be a Gibson SG Standard or a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Which amps do you guys suggest?
thanks
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
well im from australia. AUD=0.82 USD at the moment. I want to spend around $3000 AUD which is roughly $2500 USD
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
well with that much money, and owing to the fact that i don't know what certain amps go for in australia, your best bet is to just go to as many guitar stores as you can and try out all amps that interest you. there are many great amps in that pricerange, all of which have different tones. hopefully some aussie members will write here soon to give you more specific advice.
u can get something sweet for that like a fender twin reverb or a bassman reissue
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
im in victoria..eastern suberbs
Quote by Shea Donoghue

"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by mr_tea
u can get something sweet for that like a fender twin reverb or a bassman reissue

for hard rock/metal?
like said before, some amps copuld be more expensive where you live, so i wouldnt know what to suggest. just find a few good guitar stores and try some out.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

There's someone in australia selling a Diezel VH4 used for $2600. You can find it in the HC amps subforum of the For Sale forum. Its many pages back, like past ten i think, but he still has it. His name on HC is something like SleezeBeez, not entirely sure. I would have bought it, but I'm going locally or new, not inter-continental. Thats my reccomendation, especially cuz if you like it you can sell it for about 3000-3500 USD.